girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, October 15, 2004
11:57 pm

Fare thee well.

...and so we, the class of 2004 in RJC has graduated. Today was hugely memorable, not because of the programs organized or the draggy prize presentation ceremony that seemed to take forever and ever to end in the sweltering hall. It was the whole atmosphere, the people, that made today so poignant in my memories. It is thanks to these very same people that my two years in JC have been so enjoyable, so memorable, so filled with life and exuberance. There are so many people I'd like to thank, so many people I'd like to keep by my side, in fear of forgetting them or being forgotten, but that's just too much to wish for.

As John mentioned in his speech, life in RJC for the past 2 years is like a sine curve, it has its ups and downs - the deeper the down periods, the higher we will ricochet into the peak of the curve. I thought it was a particularly apt analogy, applicable not only to just JC but to everything else in life. I cannot claim to only have good memories of RJC - I've had my fair share of troubles and dissatisfaction with the school and people - yet ultimately, despite of my countless regrets in making this choice, somewhere deep inside me is glad that I had made this choice to come here anyway.

Down memory lane, we recall ourselves as nervous, excited J1s entering the schoolgates in anticipation of the next two years. We remember orientation, Zaqaedor, a new beginning for all of us. We remember friendships, bonds forged everywhere in school. We remember our all-too-short experience that has just flown by in a blink without so much as a backward glance. Now that it's all over, inevitably there's a tinge of sadness that tugs at my heartstrings, wishing that things would slow down, or that time would rewind itself like a video tape with the mere click of a button on the remote control I wish I owned, so that I could go back and correct all my what ifs and if onlys, and immerse myself in school life once again to draw out the very essence of my experience. Yet part of me is raring to move on with life. Perhaps the sting is still not wholly felt because I know very well that I'll still see people in the next few weeks to come, what with revision lectures, extra lessons and the looming A's.

We're all at a fork on the road of life now, hesitant to recklessly dash headlong into any particular route though we are inwardly curious and impatient to see what awaits us down the chosen path. Well, at least, I am. It'll be interesting to see what everybody'd be like 10 years down the road, wouldn't it?

Soaking up Five for Fighting's 100 Years.