girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Thursday, November 25, 2004
1:51 pm

It's over? Kind of.

So...the A level papers ended on a very damp, disappointing note. I couldn't decide which was worse - having an obscure lit paper 3 and falling asleep thrice per essay because I was so tired the night before that I jolted awake each time to find random rubbish written on my paper (ie "to no avail" became "to no available" and such), or looking at the physical geog paper in horror because we were conveniently not taught microclimates nor the difference between igneous/sedimentary/metamorphic rocks, essentially leaving us with no choice in the essay questions, though technically we were supposed to be able to choose 1 out of 3 topics. In any case, I never felt so suicidal after a paper before, what with not having time to read through my lit essays to make sure they even made sense (I have a tendency to write incoherently when asleep/half-asleep), and having to do hydrology although I haven't touched it since promos last year, since it was the only topic I had remotely any idea what to write about. I concentrated on geomorphology and climatology, thinking it was safe to know just the 2 topics for essay since it was 3 choose 1, so 2 out of 3 should be pretty safe, right? Wrong. What's the use of studying, may I ask, in this case? The worst part is, granted that I'm not particularly hardworking, but it's not like I didn't attempt to study, it's just that we were told that some stuff weren't in the syllabus but they came out in the paper today. So much for not being in the syllabus, huh.

On a happier note, shopping for a prom dress with the girls today was fun - they made me try so many dresses, I felt like some life-sized barbie doll! The Incredibles is a superb show too. Definitely a must-see, not to be missed! I think they're all so cute, especially Dash and Jack Jack, and Violet is immensely cool. The movie managed to lighten up my very heavy heart quite abit, but somehow, the moment I came home and sat down at the laptop, everything about the papers came crashing back onto me. Yes, I do know that it's over, there's no point moping about it anymore because it simply isn't going to help anything, but can you blame me?

Anyhow, I suppose I'm rather glad that the worst is over. Now there's just geog and econs s to go, which are honestly of not much consequence to me, so I am essentially liberated, but full liberation will only be fully acquired next tuesday. I can't wait.

Soaking up Bic Runga's Sway.