girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Thursday, December 30, 2004
6:02 pm

Drowned laptop, fried motherboard.

Well, so what happened was that I accidentally spilt a jugful of water onto the laptop because the cover was not screwed on tightly enough, and the laptop proceeded to drown and fizzle out. Since water + electricity = not good, my mainboard got fried and now the laptop is down and I have to settle for this lousy PC instead.

On the bright side, I managed to save my hard drive. :)

Now that the laptop's dead, I'm still feeling kind of lost and cranky over it, because it's a few thousand dollars down the drain. Waiting for the service centre to call back and quote a price for fixing it and replacing the motherboard.

Meanwhile, from the tsunami-earthquake perspective, things sure aren't looking too good. It's too damn scary to think about such a huge scale catastrophe occurring right at our doorstep, and I must say that we should honestly count our blessings that Singapore is so damn sheltered too. Everyday the death tolls just soars higher and higher, and the papers are filled with pictures of destruction and decay - I have no idea how the afflicted are going to tide over this ordeal, because if it were me, I cannot say for sure that I would be able to survive going through such hardships, assuming that is, I even survive the initial impact at all.

What a way to end 2004.

Spinning: Robbie William's Angel.