girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, January 25, 2005
9:50 pm

Frazzled and dazzled.

Work is picking up and getting more hectic by the day, but I'm not complaining I guess! At least it makes me feel more useful rather than slacking around in the office browsing through fashion magazines everyday. I attended my first press conference today, with Hewlett Packard, and oh boy did I almost freeze to death or what. I was shivering sadly in my seat at the Hyatt, looking and feeling like a poor lost chick separated from the warmth of its mother's wing.

The thing is, going to such functions before your namecard has been printed is really quite awkward. When people are busily networking and exchanging namecards, you can only smile back sheepishly at their expectant faces and tell them you're new and haven't had your namecard printed, or make up some excuse about how you've run out. The feeling sucks. :(
--
Funny how time flitters by so quickly. One moment, we're fourteen, the princes and princesses of our worlds, dizzily lost in a whirl of laughter and tears in our dazzling lives. The next moment, we're suddenly nineteen, children no more, suffocating silently in the shades of grey our lives have become.

Funny how I once felt like I could just live and breathe you. I didn't need anyone, anything else, except for you - but now you're simply not enough.

Spinning: Josh Groban & Charlotte Church's The Prayer.

Labels: