girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Monday, February 21, 2005
10:56 pm

Whatever.

Oh joy, the year of the Rooster has arrived, and what has it brought for me? Let's recount my very fun-filled past two weeks:

1. My paternal grandmother's death on 12 Feb, Sat.
2. Flu, bad throat, the works. MC'ed on 14 Feb, Mon.
3. Grandma's funeral on 16 Feb, Wed.
4. Maternal grandfather hospitalised on 18 Feb, Fri.
5. New discovery: granduncle warded in the same hospital as granddad.
6. Mother's cousin is dying of brain cancer at the moment, already in semi-conscious state.
7. Random hospitalised friends.
8. Anonymous nosy idiots have a problem with me blogging about my grandma's death even.
9. Throw in shitty work, long insane hours, unsympathetic editors, lots of stress.

And...what a great CNY it's been so far!

I must be some sort of a jinx, bringing ill tidings to everyone.

I need to quit work soon. Business Times is driving me insane, and making me miss school more than ever. The people are nice, sure, it's politics-free, sure, they treat me with respect like I'm a proper journalist, sure, but...it just isn't for me. I really cannot cope anymore, what with people expecting me to know how to handle financial reports, write about stock market and shares at the snap of their fingers. The knowledge simply isn't there. Yes, I am trying to learn on the job, and be spontaneous and enthusiastic and everything, but it's hard to when you're severely lacking in interest.

I mean, take Budget Day as an instance. Last week, the entire BT office was abuzz with excitement, all waiting eagerly for the Budget-thing to start. It's like their version of the Grammy Awards, or something. Anyway, I was all like, "who cares about budget?" Sure, of course there are people who're interested, and they are very useful and necessary people, BUT unfortunately I'm not one of them?! Just listening to them talk about the numbers and figures makes my eyes glaze over.

I'm in a very whatever mood now. There's no other word to describe it as succinctly as the word "whatever". And yes this entry is all about me, me and me, and whine whine whine yes I'm whiny, self-centred, attention-seeking, an airhead who doesn't appreciate intellectual subjects like The Budget, and etc etc etc. Happy now?

p/s: I'm holding a grudge against chickens now. Just had chicken rice. Yes, that's my dinner, and yes, I just got home from work. Whee.