girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, March 04, 2005
10:05 pm

Results aftermath.

First, congratulations to the graduating batch of RJC 2004, because we set a new record - the best results in 24 years, with 55% of the batch with 4 A levels distinctions! Isn't that amazing? Yay to everyone who got their 4As, did well, and so on, as long as you're happy with your results, good for you. :)

Next, well, I suppose I did reasonably well, but still not well enough to deflect the stings of disappointment piercing through me. I suppose this could act as a lesson learnt to myself, not to be so complacent and overconfident in the future. The thing is that when you've sailed through life so smoothly, getting what you want all the time without having to put much effort into it, you obviously take everything for granted. I always assumed I'll sail out of the RJ doors, waving my results slips with 4As/A1/decent S paper results printed on it, even without much studying and work. Well, evidently I've been proven wrong. No work = no good results. :(

The weirdest part of my results is the embarrassing U I got for Geog S (I did study for this! :x), and the D I got for Econs S (which I didn't even prepare for and fell asleep during?!?!?!). Half the world thought I was lying about the Econs S distinction, especially since I've been constantly scraping the bottom of the Econs S grades barrel for the entire J2 year. I'd never gotten anything more than a U+ for my essays before, HEH. I was also equally surprised when I saw the ONE next to it, I kept asking Mr Khoo "are you sure that's a distinction???" to make sure I wasn't seeing things. See, there is hope for students with straight unclassifieds the whole year round after all - see the light at the end of the tunnel? I think the marker probably has warped judgement. :P The world is weird, I tell you, and yah all my Geog S preparations went down the drain. Mr Lee said RJ's Geog S results this year are below the national standard too, whoops.

Now to decide what scholarships to apply for and what university to go to and whatever. This part is giving me a major, major headache because I am absolutely hopeless at making decisions of any kind.

Ah well. At least it's all over, though probably not with the fairytale ending I'd have preferred.