girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, May 03, 2005
10:05 pm

Passing.


I seem to be living in my own world somehow, where time is perpetually suspended until I feel like moving on again. The only reason why I found out that Dr Wee Kim Wee had passed away is because I happened to pick up the newspapers this afternoon (a first in a very long time for me!), and the news was splashed all over ST.

It's quite sad actually, because he was the first president that I remember remembering (in Singapore that is). I spent the better part of the afternoon glued to the newspapers and reading all about him - I didn't know he was once a journalist! And he then became an ambassador after that (my dream job), then the president, and so on. Somehow, my respect for him has grown tremendously today - before that I was just this ignorant uninformed girl who didn't care or know anything about things like that.

Oh, and a random comment - he was quite handsome when he was young, judging from the old photos they printed in the magazine.

I was half tempted to head down to the Istana today to pay my respects after reading about his passing in the newspapers, but I thought it might have been a little weird going alone, and I somehow doubt that any of my friends are as intrigued as I am to want to go down. Well, there's always tomorrow, if anybody wants to go with me, drop me a message or something?

And now all I can do is to bow my head in a minute of silence, for the passing of this wonderful man whom I never knew, yet I strangely seem to feel I know for some reason I cannot comprehend.