girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Saturday, May 14, 2005
1:31 pm

Slacker's paradise.


The past week has been a truly slack one for me - and this weekend officially concludes a month of bumming for me. Playing sloth in bed for hours and hours is all very good and fine, but I'm starting to get kind of bored of this meaningless, unfulfilling way of living life.

I need a change. Oh, and I need money too because I'm really spending more than my poor fragile little account can take. To spell it all out in plain words: I need a job! Bleh.

Unfortunately, I've no idea where to start looking (besides for the Classifieds, ugh) - and I don't know what kind of job I want/am looking for either. I wouldn't mind a full-time job again, but I can only commit 2 months because I intend to go travelling in July, and matriculation will take place end of August. With only an A level cert, looking for a temp job is going to be soooo hard. :(

Anyone has any nice (and hopefully well-paying) jobs to recommend? I'll be eternally grateful! (well maybe not eternally - but for the next few months at least)

That aside, regarding college, I've finally made up my mind. Now that I've withdrawn my NUS application, I can safely start psyching myself up for SMU! Afterall, the school culture looks really fun, and I'll have brilliant schoolmates like Michelle, Sam, Shan'er, etc, and the LKC scholar's program really is offering too good a deal to refuse, so, ah well. This means I can start scouting around for a new (and sponsored) laptop again! *beam*

Ooh, should I get a mac powerbook? It's so pretty, but it's also a little on the heavyish side (2kg). After living with a 1.2kg laptop for the past two years, making the 800g switch is going to be painful. Does anybody have any recommendations regarding laptops that are both pretty and light?

Yah, so gist of this entry: 1. job needed, 2. good+light+pretty laptop needed. Please let me know if you have any suggestions! :)