girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, June 10, 2005
2:23 am

Rapunzel.


I feel like throwing all caution to the wind and step out of my carefully constructed defences, to embrace life in its full might and glory.

It's too tiring to keep living all alone behind the dreary stone walls, high up in my cloistered tower of ivory - only allowed fleeting glimpses of the wonder in the world past the castle turrets through my single, carefully filtered window.

But it's too dangerous, too foolhardy to leap out, to turn and fly away from all that I ever knew and let the stones crumble into dust as I splinter and shatter into shards.

I cannot risk it.

So I destroy my only route to freedom, hoping beyond hope that all my hope would be destroyed with it.

Snip, snip. A lock of hair falls to the ground. Snip, snip. And another follows.

But the hope still remains.

These days, I often gaze out of my window, thinking: Where is my prince, my rescuer? Is that a white horse I see in the distance, with its luxurious mane flowing in the wind? Is that a cloud of dust signifying the arrival of some charming stranger who will sweep me off my feet and take me away from this cold, lonely tower?

I wait.

The seconds tick by. Tick tock. The minutes tick by. Tick tock. The days tick by as the sun crosses the horizon over and over again with the falling of each dawn and dusk.

And I wait.