girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Saturday, July 16, 2005
11:25 pm

Heritagefest.


I will be working at Suntec City, helping out with the Heritagefest exhibition from 15th-25th July, so anybody who happens to wander into that area, please drop by to say hello and help to temporarily relieve my boredom!

My station is at the kid's corner (Kids on Board!) at the Galleria (the first place in Suntec you encounter when you walk over from city hall). I'll be there everyday from 10am-8pm. :P

Yesterday was my first day of work - tiring, but fun. To tell the truth, the jobscope is not particularly demanding, but the tiring part is having to wake up so early everyday to work! It is frankly hellish for a nocturnalite like me. And the long hours make things get a little draggy sometimes too...but for today, things were fine and dandy and even rather entertaining because of the greater influx of people crowding in since it's a weekend.

--

Earlier today, headed over to the new SMU city campus - it was all spanking new and shiny, ready for us to use! The LKC scholars meeting thing was pretty fun, we got to meet the president, the provost and the deans and also the other people in the program. I have to say that most of the other scholars were really nice and friendly - I guess the interview component really did count for quite a lot in the selection process, since there weren't any shy/quiet/socially-inept people around there if I recall correctly. Tzeyi kindly drove me to school in the heavy downpour (both of us were sleep-deprived, tired, miserable souls) because he lives soooooo near me. He's almost a neighbour.

After the thing, he kindly volunteered to drive me to Suntec (where I had to report for work, groan) - but to our horror, the roads were closed in preparation for NDP rehearsals or whatnot! There was a tremendous traffic jam because of the bottlenecking that occurred, and he was just swearing and cursing all the way though I found the whole situation rather amusing. I suppose it was more stressful for him as the driver, ah well. So we had to make a huge roundabout to get out of the jam, and he eventually dropped me at Raffles Place MRT so I could take the train back to cityhall and walk instead. What a waste of time. I felt so bad too!

On the bright side of today, I got to make a lot of new friends, but on the darker side, I had to wake up SO EARLY again so I was really tired at the end of the day.

--

Once again, please come for the Heritagefest exhibition! It really is quite enlightening, and I've learnt so much about spices in two days I think I should start learning how to cook soon so I can put all this newly-acquired spicey knowledge to good use! :D

Disclaimer: Today's entry is written in an extremely substandard, roundabout fashion because the author's brain isn't functioning very well due to a combination of exhaustion and lethargy. The next few entries (if they materialise at all during work period) will more than likely be just as bad since work doesn't really leave much energy for thinking and piecing words together at the end of the day.

Labels: