girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Wednesday, July 20, 2005
11:06 pm

The old versus the new.


I finally found the time to trudge to school and collect my new laptop (the Fujitsu tablet lifebook!) and so far, it's been a pain trying to transfer the data from my current laptop to the new tablet because I don't have a USB-USB port at home that I can use for easy and convenient data transfer! The poor thumbdrive also only allows 256mb of storage space, so that means I have to do the transfer bit by bit. How tiring. :(

The thing is, as happy as I am to finally get a shiny new laptop (who doesn't like new stuff?) that looks prettier and has cooler functions (the tablet function!!), it really is a hassle for me to have to readjust to something unfamiliar. I've been using this trusty black boring laptop for more than two years - it accompanied me through my many mishaps, and even had to bear the brunt of my negligence and clumsiness. It survived my accidental attempts to drown it, my daily abuse of it so much that its keys now are worn and the touchpad is starting to peel, but yet yes, it survived, and it is still surviving pretty well if you ask me (once you get past the dismal exterior, that is).

I feel a little sad now that I'm changing laptops. Everything looks rather wrong on the tablet, even the colours seem strikingly jarring - it doesn't offer the same level of comfort this one does.

Since this one is still working, I'll still be keeping it around as a backup, and for memory's sake. It'll buy me more time so I don't have to transfer everything hurriedly too!

At the moment, all I've managed to shift over are my photos and writings. The headache will start when I attempt to shift my mp3s...I think I'll leave that to tomorrow.