girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Sunday, August 28, 2005
11:54 pm

Saying many goodbyes.


In the past week, so many people have been flying off to US - so many that I'm starting to lose track of all of them already.

Estelle flew off to Columbia on Tuesday. I forgot to say bye! Grr.

There was my darling sheila who flew off to Brown on Wednesday morning. Very unfortunately, I simply couldn't crawl out of bed to send her off at Changi that day because cheerleading from the day before wrecked havoc on my body. I overslept to the point where I even missed my MA class on Wed. Fantastic. That was fine though, but I reallyreallyREALLY felt so bad about not sending her off. The postcard and little trinket I prepared to give her's still sitting around on my ledge glaring accusingly at me.

I know, I know. I'm such a horrible friend.

At least I got to meet her on Monday before she flew. In typical taitai-esque fashion, we decided to meet up for high tea, with mikail and zhuanghui in tow.


If you're reading this, so sorry babe! :( Maybe I should post your stuff over.

Saturday was valerie's turn to head off to Upenn in the morning. Having learnt my lesson this time, I decided to not sleep at all so at least I could be sure that I'll be able to make it to the airport in time. Well, I was (obviously) successful, though very much tired and sleep-deprived.

Threebies unite!


Engsiang also flew off to Brown, on the same flight as val. Damn, I should have possessed more foresight to pass him sheil's stuff since they'd be in the same school.

Then this morning, it was mikail's and mingjing's turns - to Brown and Upenn respectively. Is it my imagination, or are a lot of people going to the two afore-mentioned schools this year...?

First, the UVA people. Then Berkeley. Followed by Columbia, Brown & Upenn this week. Next'll be the Dartmouth and Chicago people, then that should be all for the US dude(ttes). I think I'm starting to confuse/forget who's flying to where on what day. Either that or I'm just tired with all these goodbyes.

Sadly, it's just the beginning of what's to come. (cue: the mad rush of UK-bound friends)