girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Wednesday, December 07, 2005
3:45 am

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.


Well, well, well. It's been more than a week since the last post, and I must apologize for my absence since then.

Rough update on the past week -

Tuesday: management accounting exam
Wednesday: analytical skills exam
Thursday: plural perspectives exam
Friday: business law exam

So that was four papers back to back - of which, I was prepared for none up to the point when I sat down to start writing the papers. I wouldn't be too surprised if I ended up with an overall GPA of 2.0 or something for this semester...ugh. I feel like I'm losing my brains these days, or something. I used to be so much smarter. :(

The exams ended on a rather depressing note, I must say - biz law was a killer, or perhaps it was just me running out of steam by the last day. My brain simply couldn't function properly to churn out adequate answers to the question, despite it being an open-book exam.

Saturday: Doreen's wedding! She's the first of the cousins to get hitched - and already many others already have made their plans to register or hold their wedding dinners soon. It feels a little strange that all of us are slowly but surely growing up. Who knows, in a few years' time it'll be my turn to head off to get married? (What a scary thought, and yes I know what you guys are all thinking: my poor future husband!)

Sunday: a rather uneventful but pleasant day. I slept in the entire day, then went out for dinner and to catch Zathura. (which is really quite interesting though parts of it freaked me out quite badly :P)

Monday: met Howard Hunter (President of SMU), the Provost and a few other professors for some strange scholars' tea session. It was mildly boring, though it was nice being able to mingle with the others under a stress-free setting. The day ended with a mega karaoke session at Party World - I never knew so many people were so talented at singing! It was fun, though admittedly messy.

Tuesday: just got home from Union Square. Tonight was really fun - I danced so much my feet are feeling slightly achey now, but hey, it was worth it! Need to work a lot on dance techniques though, considering how I have a screwed up grip and balance when it comes to certain turns.

This just calls for practice, practice, and even more practice...and when the hell are my dance heels arriving?!

--

Thank you, all of you, for putting up with my nonsense and overwhelming tendency to dramatize every single detail of my life. And of course, thank you for being able to survive my moodswings and never failing to leave a smile on my face.

I may be a mess and my life may be hopelessly tangled up, but it doesn't matter because at the end of it all, I'm still exceedingly blessed. And I know it.