girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Thursday, December 29, 2005
2:05 pm

Whisper.


For the past two days, I've had absolutely NO voice at all. I'm reduced to just smiling, nodding and waving when appropriate - what a torture for the usually loquacious dalena! :(

I have this feeling that it's going to take me ages to get well, really - all the cigarette smoke floating around at home is pissing me off and definitely not helping. I am honestly considering moving out from home until I recover since I apparently do not warrant at least some consideration in my family's eyes, be it being made to suffer the stench of cigarettes or walk in the rain (twice, I might add). They can't even do the simplest things like answer the phone, preferring to holler at the voiceless (ME) to get the calls when I obviously can't. I suppose I could squeeze out an Aslan-from-Narnia-esque sort of growl, but that'd hardly be any help on the phone, would it?

That being said, it still is my fault for falling this sick in the first place. I passed what you could call the burnout limit from all the late hours, unhealthy lifestyle, partying and drinking. On Tuesday, when it seemed like I was on the road to recovery, I just had to indulge in some red wine at lex's post-Christmas gathering and continue on to USQ after that because it seemed a pity to not go when I'd brought my heels out along with me already! Well, my voice vanished at supper after Union, and it has yet to come back since then.

Meanwhile, Meizhen has also fallen prey to mean viruses - she's stuck with food poisoning, so all the poor girl can eat is plain porridge, and er, more plain porridge! Hope you get well soon!


Weiming and Ziyi have also been absolute darlings. So far, Weiming has delivered over a carton of medicine (with 3 boxes of strepsils of differing flavors in it!), Crystal Jade congee (yay) and bottles of herbal tea to me in a bid to cheer me up and speed up my recovery process. Ziyi also made a special trip down to give me my Christmas present as well as this:


So cute of her, right? Thank you, dears! :)

Ah, I was also going through my haul of Christmas presents this year, and I realised that many of my gifts have something in common. Just to illustrate....




Anyway, thank you all for your presents and well wishes! I'm just hoping that I'll at least regain part of my voice back tomorrow, or else no Union for me. :( And I'd better be well by New Years' Eve, or else...!