girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Saturday, February 04, 2006
9:31 am

Turning twenty.


This birthday was poised to be the most horrible one yet - but strangely enough, it isn't. (Thank goodness!)

First, there's weak ole me who is sick once again. It's all that lack of sleep for the whole week that has finally caught up with me yesterday - so I spent half the day down with a fever, and the other half, sneezing and coughing my way through work.

Second, there was the insane workload. My daily schedule starting from Tuesday (despite it being a CNY holiday) has been so packed, I hardly had time to breathe. FA test, LTB sessions with the client, preparing for LTB show & tell, presentation for comms...in fact, I turned twenty in SMU SoB GSR 3.10 at midnight yesterday because of all the preps needed for comms. Sad, isn't it?

Third, the dreaded digit of "two" has now replaced the "one" in my age. I am now officially 20 - and that feels too old - no longer a teenager anymore. :(

Of course, there's also the various pieces of bad news that have been dropping out of the sky, hitting me straight on the head. Ouch.

Nevertheless, thank you to every single one of you who remembered and flooded my phone with messages and calls of well wishes at the stroke of midnight. I was honestly very surprised that so many of my friends remembered - and cared!

Salsa at Union last night was fun, too. I was too tired to dance particularly well, but hey, it sure was fun. I was taken through the traditional birthday dance (that lasted through a 12 minute long song!), followed by a very long string of dances, that I essentially danced for about 25 minutes to half an hour before getting to sit down and take a break. It was reaaaalllllyyyy exhausting, and left me all flushed and sweaty, but yay anyway. :)

So, this fever-ridden and semi-voiceless girl who cannot present at her comms makeup class today may be feeling miserable, but she's also feeling very, very loved.