girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Sunday, May 07, 2006
2:28 am

LKCSP selections.


Now that the entire selection process is over and done with, I assume it is safe to blog about round #2 of the selection for the Lee Kong Chian Scholars' Program. I was a chirpy volunteer as a group facilitator for last Saturday's (29th April) batch of scholar-hopefuls, and boy oh boy, what a tiring day it turned out to be!

The poor applicants were made to organize a full-scale dinner party for 70 in SMU, with all of them split into 4 groups to take charge in different areas. Sheena and I headed group #1: the food group (oh, sheer irony!), and the members were promptly warned not to let me near the food in fear that I either poison everybody else or finish up all the food. I can still hear all those mean comments ringing in my head! Hmmph.








After a lot of running around, frantic phone calls and stress (especially an unjustified addition of workload thanks to STEVE our event VIP), my group did well - the food was surprisingly tasty despite looking a little, um, dubious. In fact, I think we did the best out of all the other groups - a fortunate outcome, considering that the success of the entire event hinged majorly on the food. See? I can be trusted with food preparations too!

Come to think of it now, I wonder if they've already finalized the next batch of LKC scholarship recipients...?

Labels: