girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Sunday, June 25, 2006
2:20 am

broadcast asia 2006.


So, this is what I was doing from 20th-23rd June (Tuesday-Friday):



Working as a showgirl for the Innoxius booth, to publicize and help promote the company's newest gadget - an external add-on that allows consumers to watch television on their PDAs! 4 days at Expo has taught me so much that people actually asked if I was an engineer (ha, do I look like one?!) because I started using so much jargon that I sounded kind of like one. ("Yes, the communication rate for this device is 292kbps, and it works on a 554 megahertz frequency rate so it will not interrupt any GMS that your PDA is using, and you will still be able to receive and make calls as usual." and so on...)

In addition to trying my hardest to answer questions about the wireless receiver and infrastructure that Innoxius had come up with, I also took so many photos with random strangers that I couldn't keep count of exactly how many. There was the media (I appeared briefly on CNA and some other Malaysian channel), a ton of photographers (check the IT magazines out!) and of course, the foreign/local visitors who kept gawking at us because of our strange costumes, I suppose. By the end of the last day, I've become an expert at smiling and posing for shots with the PDA!

And here are the three of us - me, Chengwei and Ace:



Thank goodness for them and Yunie, if not I'd have been a very bored girl for the 4 days. Don't we look so retro? The outfit isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but it made us look like characters straight out of Austin Powers.

The girls who kept me alive while working at Expo:



It was rather fun while it lasted, not to mention well-paying, but I'm glad it's all over. Travelling to the Expo is not fun, and neither is being on your feet in high heels for the entire day, really. Until now, my aching calves and painful feet still plague me, and I guess all that dancing isn't helping things, but salsa is just too irresistible...!

Labels: