girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Thursday, July 27, 2006
9:54 pm

expect temperatures to drop.


I'm sure that many of you are aware that I've been furiously working (okay, perhaps I exaggerate - not furiously but hey, still working!) away most of the last two weeks for Asia Pacific Breweries, for the launch of Tiger Beer's new campaign - Expect Temperatures to Drop - Super Cold Tiger Beer, anyone?

Before the official media launch, there was the whole business of giving out ice-cold, wet tissue at The Arcade at Raffles Place. After that, the daytime jobscope consisted of distributing flyers and memo pads to the general public that strolls past The Arcade. At night, we are posted to various pubs and clubs in Singapore, mostly along the Boat/Clarke Quay stretch really, to distribute the memo pads and promote Super Cold Tiger Beer.





Last night, I had the unfortunate job of being the Super Cold Tiger ambassador at Goodwood Park Hotel, for APB's Bartender Cocktail Competition and dinner function. Well, I found out (albeit too late) that I was expected to serve the guests - as in, carry a tray with glasses of ice-cold Tiger Beer around, smile a lot, mingle, and of course, give them the beer. It sort of felt like a very well-paying and more high-class version of waitressing, really. Except that I've never waitressed before, and I really suck at it.

By the end of the night, I've managed to spill beer an uncountable number of times. Once all over myself (I had to run to the toilet to wash and dry it all off!) because I couldn't balance the tray properly, twice on miscellaneous guests, once on one of the staff because someone bumped into me, and countless times all over the tray while walking around. It was a terrible experience, and completely unintentional because I: 1. am weak, 2. have shaky hands, 3. possess terrible balance even without a tray under normal circumstances, 4. dislike having to serve people. Add that all together and you get me - a disaster.



Anyway, that just made me more resolute about never taking up a waitressing job. Never. Ever. Hah.

On the bright side, at least there'll be money coming in. Yay!

Labels: