girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Wednesday, July 19, 2006
3:28 am

if heels could kill...


My feet are just about tired to death from having to totter around in insanely high heels at work - first, there was the Tiger promotion (Expect temperatures to drop!) at Raffles Place last Tuesday, followed by the expo CARnival (ahem, what a name) organized by CATS on the Sunday that just passed. Yes, CATS as in the Classified. I have no idea why wearing killer stiletto boots happens to be one of the requirements for promoters and showgirls, but that's just the way it is.

Whoever who said such jobs were easy money, and just about smiling, posing and looking pretty...should really give them a try. I've done proper office jobs before (remember SPH?) and seriously - this is a lot more physically tiring. Imagine the sheer torture your calves and feet have to endure, all that standing around for hours and hours to end in boots that are 3.5 inches high. Heh.

Nevertheless, at least it means that there's money rolling in. :) Money = more expenditure for self-indulgence and pretty things! Lovely.



After all that tiresome work, Monday became shopping day for Meizhen and I! We paid a visit to ICON at Bugis - and I have to say that we were sorely disappointed by the range of items sold there. Too much vintage for my liking. I mean, I do love vintage accessories and think that they're pretty as hell, but all that vintage clothes kept screaming GRANNY!!! out to me - really an overdose of the past, if you ask me. I didn't buy anything at all. Amazing, ain't it?

After shopping, we ran off to meet Derrick and Michelle for dinner. The boy's flying back to Australia this Thursday again, which means I probably won't be seeing him for another half a year or so. Oh well. Dessert at Haagen Dazs was the highlight of night though - nothing beats the divine and delicious servings of icecream, heavenly to the tastebuds. Delish!



As for today, it was the normal - woke up at the unearthly hour of 4pm, bummed around house a little, ran off to styling class at studio, had dance practice, went to Union, had supper with Michelle and Biaoda, then home. How mundane.

Ah, I realise that I really shouldn't be complaining about heels, since I voluntarily step into my three-inchers everytime I salsa, refusing all the while to settle for anything less. Heels = female empowerment? Mm. For proper food for thought, you guys may be interested to head over to missoracle's for a read. You won't regret it.

Labels: