girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, August 25, 2006
2:41 am

four point five.


Say hello to the newest member of my shoe family: a pair of 4.5-inch-high black patent Christian Louboutins! ;)



Actually, the last time I bought a pair of heels this high, I recall not being able to walk in it. After strapping them on and standing/walking around in them for 5 minutes, my ankles were suffering so badly I had no choice but to sell them off. Hence, it was with a very heavy heart that I had to bid my butterfly glass stilettoes (I still remember, they were from Fredericks of Hollywood!) a sad goodbye.



BUT that was a whole two years ago, when I was eighteen and inexperienced in the ways of prancing around in killer heels. Now, being older, wiser, and twenty...the once-daunting 4.5-inch-high heels actually feel quite comfortable, taking into consideration their height!

This means I'm going to be alarmingly tall for my school presentations this term. :P

--

Sunday breakfast with Lance at Breko's - look at how much food we ordered just between the two of us. I intially thought we'd overordered, but I shouldn't have worried, since we proved to be more than capable of polishing everything off. Power to both our stomachs!

Look at the food - now you see it...

...and now you don't!


Embarrassingly enough, I bumped into Shengxiang and his dad there - and I didn't see/recognize him at first because I didn't have my glasses OR lenses on.

--

Yesterday, I somehow managed to find enough energy in me to haul my lazy out of bed bright and early (for my standards) for a really, really long day that ensued. I was honestly intending to go home before midnight, but the call of Zouk was too strong to resist. Jo and Rachel - the two evil temptresses!

So we spent the night shuttling around Zouk, Phuture and Velvet, as our whims dictated. Drank way too much more than I should have (a vodka shot, three kamikazes and a long island tea), as well, because the people in Velvet kept buying us drinks. I still had enough presence of mind to make two important calls in the event that I got too smashed: one, to Weiming to make sure he sees me home safely; two, to Tzeyi to wake me up for class the next day. Thankfully, I sort of knew where my limits were and managed to remain happily high the whole night without getting embarrassingly drunk or the likes of it.

For once, ladies' night at Zouk wasn't too disgustingly packed as usual - we actually managed to have loads of dancey fun at both Phuture and Zouk. A very rare occurrence, if you ask me. Of course, the great company helped a lot...yay to the girls! Oh, and yay to the 2A01A'04 bunch as well - Danny (hello, so we finally meet!), Cheech, Clara, Amanda, and Weiming! Jon, too, for keeping me company and protecting me from random guys on the dancefloor after everybody else deserted me to go eat or go home, or scampered off back to Velvet for drinks.

Pictures - stolen from Yaxin's blog! (ps: Ming sucks as a photographer...)



I know, we all look quite crazy. But hey, it's all in the name of good fun! :) And good fun, it really was.