girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Wednesday, August 16, 2006
1:33 am

the water treatment.


So, on Monday night, I made a trip down to Aloha Changi Resorts to help Boon out with the haunted house and fright night thing organized for the freshmen on the first night of every orientation camp run. Apart from being terribly far and out of the way, the place was actually pretty clean and looked okay to live in.

I have to say that I don't make a very good ghost apart from the fact that I can emit the most ear-splitting shrieks. After slapping on all that white face paint and crazy "scary" makeup, I could still give everybody doe-eyes and pull it off! Like Crystal says, doe eyes are doe eyes. Michelle was on the verge of giving up on me because no matter how much we smudged my eyeliner and red crayon, they couldn't get me to really look like I was shedding tears of ink and blood. I was still doe-eyed. If that was not bad enough, everybody accused me of having "happy hair" - hair that bounces and, well, looks happy all the time. Miche, Phoebe and Caressa all managed to get their hair to be flat and long and drapey and ghostly but when I tried to get my hair on my face, I either looked: i) shaggy, ii) like a sheepdog (ahem, Miche), or iii) happy.

It was okay at the end, though. They found me a wig. Aaron's viking wig, to be exact. All it did was make me look like a witch - the wig was bigger than my face, I think! Everybody kept cracking up whenever I donned the wig on, and Boon wouldn't stop telling everybody about how I was trying to style my wig and give it a side parting. Anyhow, I suppose being really fair, having long hair, and walking around clad in a long red dressing gown is enough to give most people creeps. Especially during the seventh month. So...

Dressing up aside, the night was pretty uneventful except that Miche was really quite sick throughout (still the best ghost we had that night, though!) and, um, I threw the biggest bitchfit of my life.

Basically, the gist of the story is this freshie girl was apparently so terrified she threw water on me. Twice. The first time it happened, I could already feel my temper rising at an exponential rate, but I was frantically telling myself to cool down, relax and stay in role. Three seconds later, a second splash of water hit me in the face again, and I just totally lost it. And blew up. And shocked the hell out of everybody present. Think slamming doors, throwing of things, a lot of yelling and tearing down of all the garbage bags and drapes that were in my way. I haven't been this angry for a really long while, I surprised myself in the process.

The thing is, while I was all prepared to get screamed at, poked, and whatnot as a ghost, I was honestly not prepared for the water treatment. Never in my life, and I repeat, never, have I been thrown water at, and I honestly think it's a really, really insulting thing to do to someone. The worst part was, she knew I was a person, like, hello? We may be dressed up but in a haunted house done up, you know the "ghosts" and "creatures" inside are all humans, duh?

Anyway, I think many people (especially that poor girl who was made to apologize to me) won't be forgetting me in a hurry. The sad part is I think I scared people more successfully being an angry me than being a ghost. Hm. I felt really apologetic towards Steve, Boon and the other committee memers after that though, because I sort of ruined the haunted house atmosphere. I over-reacted, and I knew it - but by then it was too late, and it couldn't really be helped anyway. Good thing it only happened towards the end of the night.

Moral of the story? H2O + Dalena = massive chemical reaction. And this is something you don't get by stirring or just mixing, the first element has to be thrown at the second. Directly in the face.