girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Wednesday, October 11, 2006
5:10 pm

changing faces.


Went to Union Square last night for the first time in ages - oh boy, do I miss going down to dance on a weekday night! The crowd's a lot smaller than the Friday crowd (where you spend half the night either whacking people, stepping on feet accidentally or dodging hits) and also much more laidback, probably because it is beginner's nights on Tuesdays after all.

It seems like after cutting so down so drastically on salsa dancing, everytime I step back into the scene, it is to find that so many things have changed - the abundance of new faces popping up, the disappearance of some of the regulars (like me, I suppose). Last night felt slightly odd - so many strangers running around on a Tuesday night, formerly a night that I would frequent Union - yet there was the comforting knowledge that there will always be faces around that I recognize; there will always be people around that I have danced with before; there will always be some of my friends around.

Anyhow, last night was my first time heading down to salsa all by myself. Meaning: I didn't arrange to go with someone else, or arrive with my two other angels/Jared/Tzeyi/Clarence/Andy/Chiew/Gupson/whoever else from our bunch in ADS as usual. It was just me, and me alone. And it was surprisingly fun, and didn't feel the least bit lonely as I'd always imagined it to be. For the first time in my entire salsa career (which isn't very long, but you get my point), I actually danced almost non-stop before 11pm on a Tuesday night! I know I've probably already lost most of you by now, but for the salseros, they'll know what I mean.

After that, left Union feeling a strange mixture of exhilaration and exhaustion at 11pm (really early for me!) to meet Eugene for the last time before he flies off on Thursday night. We drove around Singapore quite abit - from Amara to Newton to grab quick drinks to stash away in the car, then along Bukit Timah to get icecream (Ben&Jerry's = yummylicious), and there was our hunt for spoons...followed by just randomly cruising along the highway towards Changi to watch the planes take off, and the picturesque view of the runway lights. He attempted to drive us to the Old Changi Hospital, but there were weird commando-like personnel lurking around, so decided against it.

I also discovered that everything turns green when a video camera is set into nightmode. Strange how infra-red makes everything look green, doesn't it? And my eyes look particularly scary in nightmode as well, how freaky.

Sadly, I won't be seeing him for the next 9 months, till he flies back for summer break next year. It makes me wonder how much would have changed again in Singapore when he returns - changes that I probably wouldn't notice, or would have just taken in my stride like they didn't matter - but changes that are likely to yell at him the moment he touches down.

Labels: