girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Wednesday, October 18, 2006
10:28 pm

havana nights.


Wow, it's been a long time since I've last danced this much, really. Last week there was the Latin Street Party as part of Da:ns Fest on Thursday and Friday night, followed by the Singapore Salsa Festival organized by NTUC Club and JJSalsaRengue on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

Da:ns Fest was organized by our studio - Luv's baby! - so all of us trooped down to provide support, of course. The turnout was surprisingly good on Thursday night actually, with quite a number of the salsa people turning up to support too. Friday, however, was more dismal in terms of the salsa attendance as most people chose to go to Downtown East for the Salsa Festival instead. Dancing outdoors was really quite...trying, because of the haze and the sweltering heat from the spotlights. The flooring was also quite bad, with uneven boards that were sloping towards one side so everybody kept spinning off in the same direction! Nevertheless, we had quite a lot of fun anyway. :P



That was followed by the Sg Salsafest - where I had the most fantastic dances on Saturday! Dancing with Super Mario, Milton, Brandon (Edie's partner) and Gavin was so...*swoon*. I can't think of any better way to describe the experience. Mario in particular is an amazing lead, I swear. And very cheeky too, with all his fun bastard moves. Milton's style is more romantic - after dancing with him I had this crazy silly smile on my face that I couldn't wipe off, I think. Brandon was smooth and very good considering he's so new, and Gavin is so nice and gentlemanly and all! Haha, now I sound so terribly starstruck, don't I.

ADS also did well in the performance! I was half-excited and half-scared while waiting for them because I hadn't had the chance to watch the complete choreography before that - but the costumes were gorgeous, the movements were well-executed, the dancing was good, and of course...the girls were hawt. ;) Love to all, especially Michelle my darling, and Gupson!




On hindsight, the Sg Salsafest definitely wasn't as fun as the Cherating one, because I only opted for the night party passes. This time, there were no crazy workshops to attend with crazy people, no camera whoring in bikinis and lounging around with friends. The dancing was better this time around, though! I danced so much and had so many good dances it was crazy. My biggest issue this time around is - why was it held at Downtown East?! It's SO far from my place. Thank goodness for all the nice people who gave me lifts around here and there and everywhere (namely, Clarence, Eric & Tzeyi). Yes well, I'm a transport leech, I know.

Sadly, I have also lost a lot of my stamina since the Malaysian Salsafest. Dancing once a week now as opposed to an average of four times (sometimes even more!) a week really has shown. By Sunday night my legs were ready to drop off, and my calves and feet were yelling in pain. Still, I had a really excellent last dance with Anshul to wrap up the entire festival. Yay.

Well, still took a lot of pictures anyway from both the festivals. You know where to look for the da:nsfest and sgsalsafest pictures, don't you? ;)

4 nights of nonstop dancing, then it's back to school again. (Not that I made it to school on Monday for Sociology - was aching all over from head to toe). School, work, lessons, projects...what an anticlimax.

Labels: