girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Sunday, January 07, 2007
8:45 pm

first week updates.


What an uneventful first week of 2007. As unexciting as it has been, at least it has been comfortable and lazy, without any nasty surprises popping up unexpectedly.

New Years' Day: started off with dinner at Ian's house, with TOO MUCH FOOD for our own goods really, then moving onto Lex's house because everybody got bored and wanted to play Taboo. We ended up watching a few episodes of Heroes in Lex's nice comfy TV room with the huge screen - so much for Taboo!



If you haven't already noticed, my camera was invaded and subsequently taken over by Lance, who is trying his very best to usurp my photowhoring throne.

Wednesday night, I finally decided to drop by for contemporary dance practice after many reminders by Audrey, and oh boy - am I out of shape or what. The last time I've been pushed this badly during dance training was in secondary 4, when I was still a young, lithe and nimble sixteen year old. Now...it's just disastrous. I couldn't walk for the next three days! I couldn't even put my heels on and head to Union or prac on Friday/Saturday because doing basic step to one count of eight was enough to make me want to cry. Boo.

Serene's about to fly back off to Oxfordland, so some of us decided to meet up for a hastily arranged get together dinner on Thursday. I haven't seen some of them for so long!



And this seems to be the week for gatherings, because Friday was Weilin's 21st birthday! She's the first amongst us to turn 21, really. Amazingly, both her parents could still remember/recognize me AND they even remember where I live at too. Sheils popped up at the party for a brief surprise visit, before running off to the airport to catch her flight to Melbourne. You were greatly missed, darling!

Still, we had great fun and a hell lot of reminiscing about our days in NYGH. The food was sumptuous - Weilin's mom is really a kickass cook! - and the weather was cool and breezy at East Coast Park. I ate SO MUCH, by the time I was ready to leave, I could barely walk and climb into the car (partly because of my sore aching legs and partly because I was too full), heh.



Sheesh, everybody's turning 21 soon! We're all growing old, aren't we?