girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, January 16, 2007
11:42 am

two left feet.


I haven't been salsa-ing regularly for so long that I'm starting to be a wreck at it. As a follow, I've degenerated so much it is practically past the point of being tragic, and fast approaching being labelled as laughable. My basics are crap, my footwork is messy as hell, and I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing or what is happening while dancing any longer!

Poor Jared - I suppose he caught the worst of it all at practice just now. I unwittingly slapped him thrice with my hair while spinning as my bun unravelled itself into a ponytail, stepped on his hem twice (and almost fell down in the process because my heel got hooked onto the part of his pants that he'd folded over) and elbowed him once at the end when he tried to dip me. That aside, I also stepped on Gupson's foot once and almost fell down during the first run of the choreography when I hit the studio for practice (late, as usual) because it somehow seemed particularly slippery today!

Oh no, I really am turning into a klutz, aren't I?

As for now, I'm officially the only person who doesn't know the entire choreography. My brain can't seem to retain very much information as it is, either - at the end of every practice I'll feel slightly more enlightened than usual and actually look like I have a vague clue about what's going on; but by the time it's time for the next practice, I'd have almost clean forgotten what's going on again. I suppose skipping prac half the time doesn't really help either, I think I've earned the title of ADS' part time performer. Four more sessions of studio prac before the ADS social - I have NO IDEA how I'm going to actually be ready to perform by then, save from practising everyday - which is obviously not really going to happen either considering all the time constraints and my natural slothness. Mmph.

And I'm so tired. Six hours of sleep in the last two days really doesn't cut it for me. In fact, I think I'm starting to sound pretty incoherent - I really ought to stop blogging and go get some work done, so I can actually hit the bed and grab a night's worth of decent sleep for once.

School is really turning out to be a biatch. :(

Labels: ,