girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, February 23, 2007
4:19 pm

late cny greetings.


It's been awhile since the last update, hasn't it? This week has been really packed - what with Chinese New Year and all the hustle and bustle that comes with it like spring cleaning, reunion dinners, visiting...followed by miscellaneous midterm break activities, a birthday celebration, and a midterm paper due right smack in the midst of it all. So much for having a break, huh.

Nevertheless, it is now the last day of the midterm break (and ironically, the first day I've managed to properly spend at home) and the good news is I HAVE SURVIVED. I have survived this week's activities and drama of cleaning my room, camping in the library to finish my paper, getting bitten to death by mosquitoes, work, falling horribly sick, getting terribly intoxicated at zouk, losing my ic, losing my voice, subsequently recovering both, spinning class...

Yay! :P

Went down to Chinatown on CNY eve with my sister after reunion dinner and WOW was it crowded or what?! I honestly can't remember if this year was worse than last year, but it sure felt like it. We made our ways to Xenbar purely by accident (the moment Gupson called me to give me directions, the "Xenbar" sign magically materialized in front of our eyes - he must've worked some magic) after squeezing through the crowd and brushing past sweaty arms and stepping on random squishy objects. My sis got to dance with Gupson there! Haha. Joined up with Miche after she finally decided to haul her ass (and boobs) down to Xen, and the three of us sat around and danced a bit before venturing out into the open wilderness otherwise known as Chinatown In Chinese New Year Season once again.



Visiting was the same old story again - remarkably less exciting than usual, though. Didn't visit anybody from Mom's side at all this year because we are all technically still in mourning from Gonggong's passing last year. Sad, but not that anything can be done about it, so...

Daphne and I got so bored we started photowhoring at one of our grandaunt's place! The funnier and crappier photos are all in her phone though, so you all will have to make do with this for the moment:



At the end of the first day, Miche, Josh and I decided to meet up to watch Notes on a Scandal. It's really good, almost a psychological thriller of sorts but not really. Midway through the show I could feel goosebumps creeping up my arms and the hairs at the back of my neck were standing by the end of it, because it was so freaky. No horror, no gore, no blood and guts - but still significantly impactful.

Then, of course...the obligatory photowhoring because we haven't seen Joshua for sooooo loooooongggggg.



We hung out for a little while, then Josh decided to head home, Miche went to Union, and I went to Esmirada's for drinks followed by KARAOKE AT PARTY WORLD. I woke up the next day feeling really hoarse and phlegmy, I wonder why. :(

As for the second day of CNY, there wasn't very much visiting done (we sort of ran out of places, you see). I ran off in the evening to Fort Canning Park for the Good Vibrations music festival - read carefully now, all you people who love pointing fingers at me and accusing me of spending so much money when I apparently don't earn any - I went to WORK. Hah. On a holiday, no less. Not that work was particularly work-ish or tiring that day, it was just hours of running around with the Heineken polaroid camera, wearing a cool cut-up Heineken green once-upon-a-time-tee-but-transformed-to-top, snapping polaroids of random people, watching the concert, and so on. The downside? I became mosquito fodder for the night. I should take a picture of my poor bitten legs now and put it up here!

I love polaroids. Now I want a polaroid camera. Or maybe a lomo.

Also, I am now extremely inspired and feel like experimenting with some of my old tees at home. I can cut them up to make new tops!



Once again, happy cny and gongxifacai wanshiruyi and etc etc (insert miscellaneous auspicious cny greetings here). Have fun, world. :)