girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Wednesday, February 07, 2007
4:43 am

oh my, i'm 21.


The later part of last week as well as the whole weekend had been dedicated to celebrating like mad, which leaves me rather drained on a whole but also a very contented girl. In a way, the whole turning 21 thing still seems rather overhyped because I don't feel any more special or wiser now that I've apparently stepped into proper adulthood. Turning legal doesn't seem to be that big a deal - it just means that I get to sign my own forms from now on, and have to be that teensy bit more responsible for my own actions.

Still, it's been a week's worth of celebrations and dinners and whatnot - and of course, I shall chronicle it here all for remembrance's sake.

Last Thursday was spent in a joint celebration dinner with Meizhen, since she was born a mere 6 days ahead of me. At Meizhen's request, the bunch of us (mostly nygirls, mixed with some boyfriends and random friends) went to Spizza at Harbour Front for dinner. The food was good! And we photowhored so much. There was Shauna's camera, Meizhen's camera, Michelle's camera and mine - so it was like a flash galore party as we happily snapped away.



The pictures from my camera can be found in my gallery.

The next day, Friday, was supposed to be spent studying for my Psychology midterm on Saturday afternoon. Sat around in school the whole day trying to absorb as much information into my poor brain as I could humanly do in the shortest period of time, but I kept wanting to fall asleep because I was so tired, and the book is so thick and difficult to understand! I wanted to continue studying after dinner, but ended up being pulled along for practice, then dragged to Union to salsa because the team had a surprise celebration in store for me!

I spent the larger part of my birthday dance being very confused because my hair was all over my face - all the pictures Miche tried to take were of my back view, or of my hair covering everything! Still, the cake was yummy, and the presents were lovely.



It was Yichuan's birthday celebration too that night, because his birthday is one day before mine. Union was especially crowded, probably because of the two of us. Oh, and because it was Zoe's last night in Singapore - so there were also people gathering to bid her farewell.

Heh, Crystal/Miche/Jared/me tried to take a similar photo from last year - in the exact same positions. Last year, when I rushed to Union after school for my birthday dance, we took this photo - and this year, another. Putting them side by side made me go wow - it amazes me how much we've all changed in the span of just one year.



See...!!!

Alright, the other photos from Saturday onwards will be up another time. There's only so much photo uploading and collaging one can do in a day, really.

Labels: ,