girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Saturday, February 10, 2007
8:37 pm

pink-eyed.


I'm supposed to be at Jayne's surprise party now, but since my left eye has decided to act up - no doubt in protest to all the torture I've been subjecting it to with all the going out and sleeping in with my contact lenses. I now have an extremely red left eye that keeps tearing nonstop of its own accord, it looks like I'm crying a lot with one eye since my right eye feels perfectly fine and dry. :(

The good thing about this whole episode is that it's happening this Saturday, and not last Saturday (my birthday eve) or next Saturday (CNY eve). Imagine how miserable I'd be having to run around on my 21st birthday/Chinese New Year with a red eye like that...!! Shutting it hurts, opening it hurts, bright lights also make it hurt.

I've been sleeping most of the day away because the pain only goes away when I'm blissfully unconscious. It feels a little better now though - at least I can look at things for more than 15 minutes without tearing like mad, which means I'm a little more functional now and hence, photos as promised...!

Last Saturday's dinner celebration with the relatives was pretty okay. The catered food tasted decent, my aunt brought her dog along for entertainment's sake (scaring my poor bunny in the process), and my face got semi-smashed into my mango cake which looked a bit crappy after I attempted to cut and serve it. I never had to cut my own birthday cake save for the traditional stick-the-knife-in-once-then-smile-and-pose-for-the-camera cut, but since I am now 21, y'know, being an adult and all, I thought it would a good idea for me to cut and serve it to people myself....to everybody else's dismay. Well, at least it still tasted yummy!



After dinner, the relatives drifted out of the house and the SMU people started drifting in. We had to put up with relatively cramped quarters for the first part of the night since my apartment isn't all that big, but as people came and went, the group eventually shrunk down to a manageable size. There were people sitting around everywhere - some at the dining table finishing the dinner leftovers, some were sitting on the living room floor playing Mortal Kombat II (and screaming a lot in the process), or playing mahjong next to them, others were watching on amusedly, and a handful was sitting in my kitchen all fascinated with my proud collection of pets. I think my bunny was possibly the star of the evening, not me, but ah well. :P

As I'd made the party theme PINK, most people were sporting and came clad in various shades of pink on various articles of clothing or accessories. Yay!






More photos can be found here.

This is the part where I say my thank yous to everybody - especially to my parents for organizing everything for me and putting up with all the noise and people in the house; my sister for getting me the mango cake; Tzeyi for being the first to arrive and coming by despite having a midterm early next morning; Michelle for painstakingly putting together my birthday present for everybody (I know it required a lot of running around and effort!); Crystal for helping to choose things out for me too; Ian for figuring out my ice-cream cake details; Weims for kindly picking the cake up for me; Lex for being the most sporting in the entire pink scheme...and I think I could go on forever but I'm starting to sound too long-winded, so...

:)

I feel loved.

Labels: