girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Saturday, March 17, 2007
8:05 am

blanked out.


It seems like my laptop has finally reached the end of its limit. On Thursday night, it abruptly shut down on me without any warning while I was surfing the internet - much to my alarm and distress, which subsequently rose further as I repeatedly attempted but failed to switch it back on. It isn't a case of overheating; nor is it a software problem I think - somewhere in the circuitry in the hardware simply gave way. I brought it down to the CIT in school yesterday, and they couldn't get it to switch on either. Now my poor (and battered nonetheless) baby is in hospital for the weekend.

I feel almost utterly handicapped without my laptop (as abused as it is) by my side. It is quite disturbing how dependent one gets on electronic gadgets, really. Imaging losing your mobile phone, and all the contacts and messages in it - that's enough to warrant putting you into a foul mood for the rest of the week. Being deprived of your laptop or PC is much, much worse. Besides, this is a terrible time for a laptop to die, with three project presentations and reports due next week.

Looking on the brighter side of life, at least it means my laptop isn't around to distract me from what I ought to be doing, eg studying for my psychology midterm now (which is in 6 hours' time), or getting some sleep instead of being fixated to the glowing screen. Fortunately, the hard disk is also unaffected by whatever that went wrong with my laptop, which means all the memory is intact. Phew. That is my greatest concern, and I'm glad my photos and music and work are will still be around.

Anyhow, I suppose (and hope) that the absence of my laptop won't be felt so acutely over this weekend, since it is going to be a really busy weekend after all, what with Ismael Otero & Yesenia Peralta being in town.

More on that another day when I have time and when my laptop comes back to me.

Labels: