girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, March 13, 2007
4:33 pm

miffedish.


It is always the same old story - whatever you're waiting for never arrives (or at least, never arrives on time); whatever you aren't waiting for brashly barges into your life without any permission whatsoever. The result? While it used to leave me breathless with anticipation, wondering what is going to breeze into my life next, it just gets so tiring and so predictably unpredictable these days. Yes, well, that is rather an oxymoron, but I'm sure many would at least have the slightest inkling of what I am talking about...right?

The last few weeks have seen me morphing into somebody I'm not very sure about any longer. Sometimes it feels like I'm not Dalena anymore, or inversely, Dalena isn't me - which does feel mildly disturbing when I do think about it. Fortunately (or unfortunately), time for reflection and contemplation on my life has turned into a luxury for me these days, so there isn't very much opportunity to dwell on or muse over random occurrences that should otherwise unsettle me in a major fashion.

Funny how it is always the littlest things that eat away at your being, eventually having more impact on you than any earthshaking event will ever have. When things happen slowly and gradually, we tend to not pay very much attention to each minute development because each step that is taken is so tiny, everybody just waves it away for another day. One fine day, the little and seemingly unsignificant specks that we toss away to a side builds up to a heap so large and so noticeable, we start wondering why we hadn't noticed it when it first started, or why we hadn't noticed it before it's too late.

By then, all we can do is go whoops, my bad - what next? And I repeat, it's probably too late at that point, so...oh well.

Labels: