girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, April 27, 2007
2:26 pm

soap bubbles.


For some strange reason or another, college life really contributes to the process of growing up in the recent years. Learning how to cope with stress, deal with being in a pressure cooker, handling peer relations, and now, facing internship once again - all sure signs that we are taking pretty big steps forward in life.

Just the other day, I was watching three little boys clad in their kindergarten school uniforms - one blowing soap bubbles, and the other two running around merrily in attempt to chase them down as their maids hung around in the background, chatting away. At that point, I hardly blinked at the sight as it is a rather common one of kids just having fun in their own carefree manner, but the scene somehow lingered in my mind for days after that. In a way, it reminded of all that I have lost - my carefree childhood full of laughter and play; yet at the same time, it made me realize exactly how much that I have moved on with life from then. I have come a long way over all these years, consciously or subconsciously, and all in all, while people always moon over their "lost childhood that can never be retrieved," I am glad that I have grown up. For all that I have lost, I have gained much more. There are so many parts of my life that I would never want to give up or change, be it good or bad, as I suppose they have all contributed to the way I am now.

I may not be perfect - oh no, in fact I am ever so flawed, but it is in my imperfection that I appreciate even more fully how lucky I am, and how potentially undeserving I am of all the things that have just been dropped into my lap since I was young. I was more or less born with a vaguely silver spoon in my mouth (not a gleaming silver that hurts your eyes with its shine; but silver nevertheless) and never had to go through very much hardship, but still, I am glad of how I have turned out anyway.



Returning to the mundane, I finally secured an internship position - at SG Private Banking (Societe Generale, for the uninformed) in the corporate communications department. To be honest, I am quite excited and looking pretty much forward to starting work because I am officially bored stiff from the holidays already. Yes, I know it has only been two weeks, and that this probably comes as a surprise since I am such an incorrigible slacker, but I can literally feel both my brain and body rotting from all this inactivity and unproductiveness. Besides, I am quite happy at being given the chance to work at such an established bank, and the job scope and perks are pretty attractive, so yay. :)

I start work next Thursday - one more week of sitting about on my (tiny) ass doing nothing but trying to make it not-so-tiny. Till then!

Labels: