girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, May 04, 2007
5:02 pm

it's winter in shenton way.


In office now blogging (it's probably not allowed, but oh well) because I need a break and I don't have all that much to do now anyway. The internet access here at SGPB is pretty stingy, with strict regulations and all. I guess it's a bank thing, since apparently all the others working at banks face the same situation. We can't access networking sites like facebook, or webmails like gmail, or miscellaneous entertainment sites like youtube. Needless to say, MSN is not allowed either...sad.

Another weird thing about our internet is, being a French bank, all the sites are automatically set in French as the default language. So I have to google in Francais, and créer messages when I want to blog (like now), or explore enough to changer la langue to good old Anglais. All this French is making me suddenly miss Crystal though - if you read this in Korea, hello you, and don't forget about us while you're schmoozing and boozing there!

Anyhow, as an intern I'm pretty lucky I guess - I have my own office! The general office space where the staff is seated at has no space to accomodate me, so the communications department booked the nearest meeting room and plonked me inside. So now I have my own huge table, 6 chairs, a laptop and phone installed in there for me, and random office stationery scattered here and there. The downside is that I have no drawers to put things in, but at least I have some privacy. The aircon here is insanely cold too, very reminiscent of SMU's aircon's temperatures so I guess I should feel right at home huh. I'll be keeping this room till end of June, when we move offices to One Raffles Quay (yes, that extremely cool-looking glass building at Shenton Way). I suppose we should have enough office space there to seat me, so I'll be spending one month in the new office.

It's been raining everyday since I started work - a grand total of two days, but shh - that combined with the super-cold temperatures makes me feel like I'm turning into a polar bear living in Arctic. Now I can be a true blue super-cold Tiger beer girl. :P

Labels: