girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Monday, May 21, 2007
10:39 am

livin' the workin' life.


Wow, it's been quite awhile since the last update, hasn't it? Obviously, I've been too caught up with the whole whirlwind of work and life - to the point where I hardly even come online at home anymore. After an entire day of staring at the PC screen at work, the last thing I want to do when I get home is to stare at my laptop screen, really.

Still, I was making an attempt to update this poor neglected blog yesterday, and stick a few (practically outdated by now) photos up from last week, but I got a little distracted and forgot all about it.

Saturday was photoshoot day with Matthew at Botanic Gardens, amongst the greenery and pretty flowers. We snapped a few shots around the place, especially at the bamboo and frangipani gardens. I think the day shots are going to turn out really nice! (Hopefully, that is.)



After we were done with the whole natural and flora/fauna setting, it was time for a change in theme - at Clarke Quay! I hope the evening shots at Clarke Quay don't turn out as disastrous as I suspect they may - no fault of Matthew, since I've seen his photos and can safely assure you that he's a good photographer. I was so tired after Botanic Gardens that I was falling asleep while getting my makeup done (and kept getting scolded for nodding off) and it was difficult to muster up enough energy, or the attitude that Matthew wanted me to ooze from every pore of my body. Oh well! Shall wait another 2 weeks to see how the photos turn out, I guess.

Sunday was the Zouk flea market! Michelle, my sister and I shared one stall there. The lot we got was some dingy little corner right outside the member's bar, with a puny small cabinet to act as our table, and no chair to boot. Of course, we were rather disappointed, but got around it thanks to Leonard, who went to get us a clothes rack so we could display our wares properly. Sales was pretty snailish, but at the end of the day I think we did okay though we didn't see all that much. At least I made enough to 1. cover rent, 2. still have profit to pocket even after making my shopping rounds at the flea market whenever I got bored. Sold some of my (many) going out clothes that I never wear anymore, bought a few new pieces of work clothes...quite a good exchange, I think.

I want to go for another flea market round again, to get rid of more stuff!

It's quite weird how weekends used to be rest days for me. After being out in town everyday during the school term, the weekends were the days set aside for lazing around at home. Now, the weekends are so packed with activities I can hardly breathe or find time to even catch up on proper sleep. Soon, I'm going to have eyerings so dark and eyebags so puffy, I'll become Dalena Panda Lee. :(

Labels: