girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Thursday, June 28, 2007
11:05 am

the big move.


This is my last week in the 80 Robinson Road office, my last week to luxuriate alone in my little ISC Meeting Room before we officially move into our new office at One Raffles Quay!

The people from corporate services, IT and financial control have hopped over more than a month ago, followed by the treasury department and various global lines just last week. Communications, marketing & the management are the last to move (tomorrow). I'm not all too enthusiastic about moving over, since it means I'll be plonked into the main office (which is a really dreary shade of grey and full of strange psychadelic carpet and pillar designs), and I'll be so far away from all the good eating places along Boon Tat Street/Robinson Road/Far East Square/China Square. :( This means lots of walking to and fro for lunch next time, or just stick to the (rather limited) food offerings nearby at the MRT station or at Lao Pa Sat.

Then again, being in the main office means I'll be back to join civilization and I get more company. Also, my bus stops right outside ORQ, which translates to less walking every morning as compared to the present - I have to either trek through Lao Pa Sat or up and down the overhead bridge that leads to SGX...and both ways, I emerge: i) later than ever for work, ii) hot and bothered from the long walk, iii) smelling of food. Ergh.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, being able to work in and experience life in both offices. I've spent 2 months in the Robinson Road premises, and will be going through the last month of my internship in the new ORQ office. Somewhat reminiscent of the days back in NYGH - half a year in the creepy old campus, before heading over to the new-country-club-lookalike premises.

I've realised that I always feel really reluctant to pluck my ass up and move from where I am currently at - but after I get about to doing it, I'm almost always happier in new places. Strangely enough, this applies to many levels and my life in general. I do become rather resistant to change, though whether or not I show it is another thing. I'll always insist on staying put because it's so familiar and so comfortable (and really, I embrace the familiar to bits - I'm not all that exciting a person!). Even when it's not the best of places, it still is comforting to me by virtue of the fact that it is a familiar place. I could be stuck in a horrible quagmire, complain about it for awhile, then get used to it, and eventually even grow to like it. It's the inertia...or maybe it's just the laziness. Or maybe I'm just weird.

There's today and tomorrow left in here - if my room wasn't so messy and full of cartons, I'll take a picture of it for fun and memories. We'll see how it goes.

Labels: ,