girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Thursday, June 14, 2007
10:52 am

mission(s) impossible.


Well, well, well. I can't seem to view my last entry for some strange reason - I am pretty sure I've published the post (many times, at that) and the blogger dashboard also states that it has been published, yet it isn't showing up on my blog regardless of how many times I try to refresh my page! How absolutely annoying. I'm assuming that since somebody tagged in response to it, my current office laptop is the one that's creating all this trouble. Let's see if this one will appear later...

Speaking of my office laptop, the old one that I was using was taken back by the business development people last Friday, following which the IT department refuses to lend me one for long term as they apparently need it for some projects or whatever. Vanessa (the regional head of Communications in SGPB, aka my boss) brought her laptop for me but it was too old to support the new company network system or something equally jargonnish like that. I spent the whole of last Friday and this Monday as well as the first half of Tuesday laptopless! And obviously, I couldn't get any work done. Thank goodness Johnny was kind enough to lend me his laptop in the end, if not, I really wonder what on earth they were intending to do with an intern who is rendered essentially useless after being stripped of her poor laptop. :(

Johnny's laptop is so small and cute, though! Reminds me a lot of my old lappie (before the current Fujitsu tablet with the *%#&(^ keys that keep falling out) - very compact, light, and most importantly, portable! The only inconvenience is that the CD/DVD drive is separate (hence the light weight) but I could live with that really.

If I could turn back time, I'd have bought the small IBM that Crystal smartly chose and is using now in school. Then again, if I could turn back time, I'd have done a hell lot of things differently, so I guess that isn't very much of an issue, is it?

Ooh, and office-hour entertainment: my sister discovered this site that imports and exports Taiwan/China apparel and it seems to have some pretty nice stuff at really affordable rates, except that I really don't know if the clothes that arrive at our doorstep will end up looking exactly the same as that on the pictures. Another thing worth mentioning is its cheesy, Singaporean name - ShopLah! Still, worth a look.

Okay, back to staring at the 28 items that I want to buy from that site...need to shortlist it to like, 3-5 items.

My life is full of impossibilities! Ugh.

Labels: