girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, July 17, 2007
2:21 pm

all that jazz.


Last Saturday: my virgin emcee-ing experience - for SMU's Commencement 2007!

It was actually rather scary, and I had my fair share of nerves both on and off stage, but still, a good experience. Of course, it wasn't perfect or fantastic or anything mindblowing, but I think (or at least I hope) I did a decent job all in all...especially since it was my first time!

My co-emcee for the day was Terence (the SMUBE President), who was lots of help and really tried his best to put me at ease, guide me and yet be encouraging all at the same time. Yay to Terence! We had to meet up twice before the actual day itself to write the script. How odd, since I'd always assumed that we would be provided with the script instead of having to come up with it from total scratch.

So, Saturday morning, we ran down to Suntec City for the tech rehearsal as we were emceeing for the informal, pre-ceremonial segment. The part we were hosting was right at the start, before the stuffy bit with speeches and proper graduating and all, so it was supposed to be more personal, cheeky and as the Office of Student Life termed it, in the style of the "MTV Awards". I somehow doubt it worked out to be that way in the end, but oh well!


Here we are, all happy and smiley and most of all, relieved that it's over.

After that, we hung out, had lunch, walked/shopped around a bit before he decided to head home. I went to the Lime flea market at *scape to meet Michelle - and buy a million things on the way, as expected. Everything was just so crazily cheap, honestly it is so hard to resist all that temptation screaming at you! Now I have a million more new things sitting at home and my already stuffed wardrobe is groaning at the prospect of my trying to fit the new stuff in...and there's also the overflowing laundry basket to think of. Ergh.

Anyhow, I digress. One Point Brilliance played a set for the nEbo event/promotion thing going on at Cineleisure at night, so of course a number of us headed down to support. Weims, Steve & Seng Song were part of the organization team, so they managed to rope in Lance as the emcee, Mark's band (OPB: Adrian, Brian, Ian, Mark) to play and all that jazz - after which, we then moved on to Esmirada's for drinks and just basically to chill.






It was quite a crazy, jam-packed Saturday, really.

Sunday, on the other hand, was spent in bed. Heh!

After thinking about all that, I think that this whole emcee business isn't all too bad and can be pretty fun. Maybe I'll do it again soon. We'll see how it goes I guess...

Labels: ,