girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, July 20, 2007
10:35 am

going en bloc.


It's official - my estate is going en bloc! Check the main page of MONEY in The Straits Times today for more information if you're interested. :)

Yesterday, I went home to my very excited parents discussing the confirmation of the Tulip Garden en bloc sale, and the prospect of moving out after 19 years of livin here. Yup, you read that right - 19 years. In fact, according to my mother, this month marks our 19th anniversary in this house or something as random as that.

Strangely, my parents can't wait to get out and find a new house. In fact, they were pushing some Tanah Merah mansionette thing to me yesterday except that I really don't want to live so far away from everywhere! My sister, too, is enthusiastic at the thought of moving out, clearing our junk out, redecorating the new house, and finally getting a room of her own (away from me, you could say).

It's somewhat different for me though, having lived here since I was 2 years old or so, this is the only home I ever knew. I suspect this might be the same for my brother, since the house is literally older than him and all - he's spent his whole life living here. I have absolutely no memories whatsoever of our old Serangoon house, and I honestly don't have a problem with sharing a room with my sister because, if anything, despite all the quarrels and mess, it's made us that much closer. We literally grew up together, slept together, talked through the sleepless nights, run to the other for wardrobe/beauty help when in distress - all in the space of the same room. I like my condo, I can't imagine living elsewhere, I dread the massive packing that awaits, and I love the location.

I suppose I'm just resistant to change, which could explain why I'd never been all that chirpy about this whole en bloc and moving thing.

But there's always a bright side of the issue to focus on once you know that you can't do anything about it anymore. We're moving next year, like it or not, and complaining or moping around about it certainly is not going to be of much help.

Well, I guess finally having my own space will be a nice change...at least I'll have more room for my clothes/shoes/accessories/makeup/books/etc. You get my drift.

Labels: