girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, October 12, 2007
4:52 pm

to all my haters.


Yes, I am indeed going through a dry spell in my blogging. Probably one of the longest droughts thus far in the last 5 years of my blogging career - but really, I am highly uninspired, and also horribly lazy not to mention extremely busy with life and having fun to bother.

Of course, there are The Other Reasons.

I used to love sharing these little nuggets of my life with you people, my beloved (or hateful, depending on which side of the coin you choose) readers, because I know there are people out there who relish being able to participate in the fun in some way or another - be it by commenting, dropping me a mail or just purely by reading. But it seems that as all things go, the good parts don't necessarily outweigh the bad parts. Flaming, bitching, gossiping...yes, they are part of the price to pay for the attention - but do I really need the attention? Do I need these anonymous people whom I've never met in my life and probably never will, telling me that they love/hate me?

Seriously...I mean, c'mon - when I blog regularly, I get hate tags; when I don't blog, I still get hate tags. Mmph. I try my best to delete them as they come because they are really quite an eyesore, as many have mentioned, but that doesn't change the fact that they're still coming in whether or not I'm blogging! So, what's a girl to do?

I suppose many of you are familiar with the chickflick Mean Girls. And I suppose that many of you sided with the underdogs, as the movie was supposed to inspire you to. Well, people always want to be seen siding with the underdogs - but I say that they actually secretly want to be the ones getting the glory and limelight. And when they don't, they backstab and bitch and get all sour about those that get it.

I make no pretenses about what I want in life - I like what I have, and I am thoroughly open about it. And what does that get me? Some haters, some admirers. I like to think that I'm a winner. I like to think that I'm popular. I like to think that I'm smart and pretty and blessed and talented. And with all that in mind, I also know I have a long way to attaining perfection...but so do you. Yes, I'm talking to you.

But at the end of the day...I think I like being me more than you'll ever like being you. You can insult me on my tagboard all you want (I *can* delete posts, you know) and you can bitch about me to all your friends - but that doesn't change the fact that you're still reading my blog.

So as I see it, you have a few options: continue reading it and tag bitchy messages that I'll just delete and get your IP address banned, continue reading it and bitch to your friends about me, or just save some effort and quit coming back here. Fewer blog hits won't kill me - in fact, I may actually enjoy some modicum of privacy after awhile.

Thank you for your kind attention. :)

Labels: