girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Monday, December 10, 2007
8:34 pm

zoukout 2008.


Guess who was the resident door bitch for the Heineken members' area at ZoukOut this year? ;)



I know many of you must be all like - what? Dalena, a door bitch?! But, yeah. I've always wanted to try it but thought I'd never make the cut because of my sweet demeanour *cough* oh wait, I meant, my harmless looking exterior. Apparently that's not the case, because Lester decided to hire me for the job. Of course, I was quite eager to take it. I wasn't very sweet after 2 hours, when my temper started rising and nerves started fraying as I got sick and tired of being jostled and annoyed by random people. The inner bitch emerged and reared its ugly head - which was quite surprising yet amusing at the same time to both me and the people around me.

Also, I have to admit that this is my first ZoukOut ever (yes, yes, what a mountain tortoise I am) and so I did not really know what was in store for me. In a way, it was kind of weird that my first ZoukOut was spent working. Still, it was quite an eye-opener and looked like it would have been lots of fun if not for the fact that I was working!

Here's a picture of the back of my deconstructed Heineken tee that Jingyin is so proud of, because she claims she designed it especially for me.



It was really big though so it kept slipping off over my bikini the entire night!

Working for Heineken has its perks: everybody's friendly, and I'm familiar with the majority of the APB people since I've been working for Tiger/Guinness/ABC/and Heineken more recently, so working style wise it was all good. Also, I was really easy to find the whole night. All I needed to do was to tell people to look for the only green tent in the whole place, and ta-dah, there I am. The green light almost killed my eyes though because I had to squint at the guest list (printed in really small font, no less) and needless to say, green light isn't exactly all that conducive for reading under, hmm?





I bumped into so many people at ZoukOut but didn't have the time or chance to talk very much to them, much less take photos! Met Lyndith, Zeta, Jiali (all Heineken brand ambassadors), Linna (performer for Heinken - what a coincidence), Luv (drunk), Mitesh, Nicole (all sparkly), Jean, Tzeming & friends, Hansel & friends, Bel (working for SingTel), Gabriel, a hell lot of salsa people, and goodness knows how long more the list goes. Stole some pictures here and there from people and blogs so here goes!







Well, all in all, it was an interesting experience. And I'm glad I got to go to ZoukOut before it really moves away from Siloso Beach for good. :)

Labels: ,