girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, March 07, 2008
salsa with a little pinch of rust 7:29 pm

I've been so out of it ever since the ADS anniversary weekend that I haven't been coming out to dance very much since. Probably overdosed on the salsa during the competition preparation period, actually. Been feeling all rusty and whatnot the last few times I headed out to dance, though!

The Thursday before marked the first intertertiary salsa event ever held - Bailamos En Calle - organized by SMU's Caderas Latinas. It was my turn to head down and support my sister because she was performing with the SIM team!

One month ago it was me being all glitzy and glammed up for the competition and her feeling pale and under-madeup next to me...



But at Bailamos, the roles were reversed!



Not only did I go to Bailamos to support my sister, but also to watch the all-men's shines performance, otherwise known as Los Quatros Elephantos - the four elephants. If you're puzzled by the name, don't worry. So was I, until I saw the break of the performance where all four of them took turns to pretend to be elephants trumpeting away. Sounds silly, yes? But it was all done in the name of good fun. :)



Cutely enough, part of ADS was all color-coordinated that day. Sheer accident, I'm sure, but nevertheless the black-and-white theme in this photo looks good.



Moving along to one week later...it's the SMUSA Awards held at Velvet just yesterday. Zee and I did a social performance for their opening act and it went...not too smoothly and he ended up with a minor scratch on his forehead, courtesy of yours truly. I have to say that all the punching on stage isn't quite undeserved, but then again I'll just stop at that because I'm a nice girl.

...Speaking of which, I just realised that I forgot to take a picture with him. Or a video of the performance, for that matter (which maybe isn't that bad a thing, hurhur.) The closest to a picture that I snapped of both of us vaguely together is this - me with my first rose and a corner of his shirt at the side.



Also, the committee were giving the guys roses to give out to whoever they wanted so I landed quite a few stalks by the end of the night - some through legit means and some through not-so-legit means. Yay to flowers anyway!



After the performance, we ran off to grab a quick dinner, following which, I went back to Velvet again for Bleedin' Gums. Okay, shameless publicity plug is going to follow since Steve is one of the organizers - but I mean every word I'm going to say:

Bleedin' Gums is this event held every Thursday at Velvet - the drinks are cheap if you buy them at the right time, the club is relatively empty (in a non-crowded sense) and the music is goooooooood. So all of you should go check it out! If you're feeling cheapskate and all (which is totally understandable because I hate paying entrance fees to club too) you can: i) go with a Zouk member and get him/her to sign you in, ii) use your Citibank clear card to get in free, or iii) give me a call and I'll see if you can be guestlisted.

This is where we all thank Steve in advance. Thank youuuuuuuu Stevieeeeeeeee.







So...see you all next Thursday at Bleedin' Gums! ;)

Labels: ,