girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Thursday, June 26, 2008
summer salsa splash! 3:03 pm

Last Saturday's Summer Salsa Splash party was so fun! Sharon and her team flew over from Melbourne, stopping by Singapore before the Malaysia Salsa Festival this weekend - just to dance and dance and dance. :) The Spin City teams are so amazing! Considering that all of them hold full-time jobs (Sharon included), I've no idea how they find the time, the energy and the drive to work in the day AND practice at night.

Well, since the theme was Summer Salsa Splash, people turned up in pretty summer dresses, bright colors and cute beach wear. Me, I went in beachwear with a bikini inside and a flower in the hair because I was lazy and wasn't going to stay in my clothes for too long since I was performing twice that night.



The two items of the night that I was involved in were - firstly, our Menage-a-trois shines competition item that we put up at DXO in January for the ADS anniversary party, followed by a second solo couple performance later with Jared.













I'm so glad that both performances turned out well in the end! I was especially scared for the second choreography since Jared and I only started practising on Monday, plus we screwed up the afternoon's run at Movida so badly for some Touche event, that my morale was really quite shaken.







It didn't quite help that I woke up with a fever on Saturday too...but no matter what, I didn't get it as bad as Crystal did - the poor dear came down with shingles! (Leaving me rather paranoid for awhile since I have yet to catch chicken pox still...) And so when we launched her surprise birthday celebration at the end of the event, she couldn't have her birthday dance.





So cute, right? :)







I didn't quite have that much time to social very much since I spent half the time getting ready for the performances or freaking out backstage (and I had to conserve my energy to perform!) but I enjoyed myself vastly on Saturday anyway. It's good to see Sharon again too. :)

Labels: ,