girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Monday, August 25, 2008
earth to zoukettes 1:30 pm

Let's take a short break away from my NY chronicles and talk about more recent events...like Mambo Night at Zouk last Wednesday! Geez. It's been so long since the last time I went to Zouk on a Wednesday night that I've come close to forgetting how insane and crowded it can get! Well at least this time I didn't feel too old and out of place as usual (I assumed I would because I was completely sober - mambo usually doesn't get started unless we're on your way to getting smashed) but when I think about it, I really am not quite a mambo girl still.

I only become one after I've been fed some alcohol. HAHA.

Anyway, Christopher kindly gave my sister and I a ride to Zouk, so here we are in the car, toying around with his geekynerdy glasses. Geek <3!





We look like complete dorks don't we? But who cares, they're cute!

Sis and I split up as usual upon reaching Zouk - she went to join her cool mambo-gods-and-goddesses-platform-dominating clique and I went to join...my friends (who suddenly seem so mortal in comparison when it comes to Mambo Night). Found the girls followed by all the RJ people, who were all nuts and high by the time I got there, and so some rather strange incidents took place. For instance, Zhengyuan's shirt kept finding itself unbuttoned and trying to escape from his body...! Anyway, the mission of the night was to have one last Mambo Night with the girls because it's Miche's last night out here before she flies off to France on exchange.



























As you can tell, random fingers kept interrupting almost all the photos, and by the end of the night all of us were fighting to stick our fingers into the pictures, instead of our faces! My toes were also extremely sad and sore after that night from standing around in heels AND getting shoved around like a ragdoll AND getting stepped on half the time by random people! Grr. Still, it was nice to be there altogether I suppose, though I still have my reservations about clubbing as a way of catching up with friends since you technically can't hear anything, which makes it very difficult for proper conversation to take place!

Anyhoo, we had fun - which is all that matters. :D

P/S: Thank Miche for all the glorious party pictures! I was too lazy to retrieve my camera from my checked in handbag.

Labels: ,