girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Wednesday, August 20, 2008
new york - foodie delight 2:12 pm

...because I've been so busy and ill and exhausted, plus also a little tired of uploading backdated New York photos, I will try to wrap it all up asap and so here is a condensed entry full of pictures and not very much more!

Our visit to Jean Georges' one fine day...think Michelin chef!



A salad to whet your appetite.



The main - roast chicken with corn puree (sounds strange but tasted quite nice!).



And my favorite part of the meal - the desserts...Kai's and mine respectively.





We trooped to Union Sq Station and Greenwich Village later on in the day to check out the less urban and more artsy area in New York.



My friend Belinda, who works part-time as the Wendy's model. :P



Gray's Papaya - full of yummy hotdogs and quirky drinks that taste oh-so-good.



And...the Magnolia Bakery! Sex and the City, anyone?



The school that I almost went to instead of SMU, haha. (Why did I not go there again?! Don't worry, I asked myself that countless times while I was there!)



A quick diversion away from the main point of the entry - which is about food, so I can chronologically chronicle this trip here. Here we are, posing for a group picture outside the Big Apple Hostel on the last day of our stay there.



The MoMA (in which I took too many pictures of the awesome works that I will not bother uploading really...and where my slipper decided to break in a very timely fashion, leaving me barefeet in the middle of Manhattan. I trekked across many streets with Kai in search for a footwear shop, which turned out surprisingly difficult to find, and after we finally found one that I procured a pair of slippers to my liking, we had an even harder time looking for a public toilet for me to wash my feet in because they were absolutely filthy by then! New York really ought to do something about its public toilets. It's a nightmare to find one there when you need one because all the toilets are meant for "customers only". Bah! But I guess the experience of walking through Manhattan barefoot is really quite something. And yes, I talk too much in my parentheses, I know.)



With Kai's best friend and new idol, Trekkie Monster from Avenue Q. We won 5 lottery tickets to watch it at a fraction of the original price - front row tickets, too!



Back to the topic of food - we gluttons trekked out to Momofuku for super tasty but way too salty Japanese food.





The kong ba pao there was reaaaaalllllyyyy good though it was so oily and fatty that it was dripping oil all over my plate and the table when I was eating it!



The noodles were tasty but way too salty for my liking though!





After a full meal at Momofuku's, we were all stuffed but we passed by Artichoke, famed for its good and cheap pizzas - we couldn't resist trying a slice out.





Hmm, I wonder how many peach slushees I had altogether in New York?



Another place that you guys should check out should you ever get around to visiting New York...Stardust Diner somewhere along 52nd Street/Broadway if I remember correctly. They fund Broadway-wannabes through their singing, dancing and acting lessons so the waiters and waitresses would suddenly burst out into song in the middle of your meal! Rather entertaining, really.





Ah, and even their menu has some entertainment value of its own.





Okay, more another time (if my mood and free time permits). Till then, toodles!

Labels: , , ,