girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, August 05, 2008
new york - frolicking in central park 3:25 pm

As promised, here I am again - to show you all pictures of Central Park! The park really is HUGE - don't know how much exactly we managed to cover in one morning but I'm quite sure there was still lots of it left unexplored. Walking around so much under the scorching sun was seriously no joke, though still lots of fun anyway because I was in the wonderful company of all my silly friends.

Took the subway for the first time ever in New York...the system really does amaze me even though the trains look so heavy, old and backward but hey - it runs 24/7 and gets us to places really fast so I suppose I really ought to be thankful.





Here we are at Central Park - with our miserable attempt at a mass SMU jump. Kai managed to catch us all in the air though with his phone's camera so I'll have to squeeze the photo out of him soon and upload it!





And we all did so many silly things like skipping over a random bridge...



Do kungfu jumps...



Dare each other to climb into the trash bins...



Block the path by photowhoring endlessly...



Imitate statues...


And yeah well I could go on forever but you get the picture. Speaking of pictures, I quite like this one...



After that, my group split up - some went to the museums, the boys we hung out with decided to go explore Greenwich (and got immensely lost in the process) while Bel and I opted to go shopping at Manhattan Mall.

Guess who shopped too much there?



The food in New York was really good on a whole too, though rather expensive. Be prepared to see many pictures of food coming up your way in the later entries! I think our first superyumsmeal was at Lombardi's, where a mere six of us shared 3 giant pizzas. Seriously, the American portions are rather insane (especially for our puny Asian tummies) but then again I think I probably ate more than even most of the boys while I was there so maybe I shouldn't comment, hmm?





I was highly excited to catch my first glimpse of a Pinkberry store there too! For the uninformed, Pinkberry sells superyumsfrozenyoghurt - yummier than Frolic's and Yami Yoghurt even! I hope they come to Singapore sometime soon because honestly, as much as I like our local frozen yoghurt brands, after eating a Pinkberry yoghurt...things quite aren't the same anymore.



The day after our foray into Central Park, about 3/4 of the BSM group decided to go to Woodbury for some major shopping. The luxury brand selection there is amazing - and at outlet price too! Can you imagine how crazy the brandwhores went?! Some of them spent up to 3K USD in just that one day. Thank goodness I'm not all that into branded goods, if not my bank would be horribly empty now, like poor Kai who maxxed his credit card out just on the third day of our three-week-long trip, hahaha.

Okay, thou shalt not laugh at others' misfortunes. :x

Stay tuned for more!

Labels: , , ,