girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, September 02, 2008
the sister graduates 10:32 pm

CONGRATS JIE for officially graduating from SIM-RMIT Business last Friday! :) :) :)

I bought a new camera at Comex last Thursday in between working at Stuff (as usual) anyway - a Canon ixus 80 in pink! My sis decided to buy the exact same one but in brown. So....all pictures that you'll be seeing from now will be with the new camera, hurray! Time to retire the old Lumix...though I must admit that it still pains me a little to retire a perfectly good camera that I have emotional attachments to after using it for the last three years (or more?), but it has been three years and the shutter speed is starting to seem too slow, so...anyway, I digress.

Her convocation was held in SIM itself - it was my first time visiting her school really and I must say that it turned out a lot nicer than what I'd expected The Grand Hall of the school - I kid you not, there really is a sign outside of the hall that says THE GRAND HALL - and it looks like this:



The hall is quite nice, ain't it? I spent two hours of my life in that place fighting against the sleeping disease because the whole ceremony dragged on forever!The poor Chancellor was on his feet for the longest time, presenting degrees and awards to goodness-knows how many students. It makes me shudder just thinking about what my graduation ceremony will be like next year, since it will probably be very much longer, considering how many more students there are in SMU. The SIM dudes decided to split the ceremony up into three parts - segregating them by school and batch - and yet just one ceremony took so long! Ugh. My dad said he will consider bringing pillows and a blanket to my graduation next year. :/

I digress once again (what's new, right?) - here's the programme booklet of the day, on which I was testing out my camera's color accent function while my parents were busying themselves looking through the 285729587 names inside, in search for my sister's.





After the ceremony, it was photo-taking time!











Once again, lots of love and luck to the sister now that she's officially out of school. Next big step in life coming up now! <3!

Labels: ,