girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Friday, October 31, 2008
sisf 2008 8:41 pm

Finally, an update!

The first part of my absence of updates is due to a crazy amount of school work (coupled with terrible time management), and the second part of it was when I decided I had time and wanted to blog some, blogger decided not to cooperate and kept showing up with errors. So I took it as that I was just not meant to blog.

But still, here I am, back with a vengeance...

...and a whole avalanche of crazy photos from the Singapore International Salsa Festival 2008. :)

Now I present to you the ADS pro team who performed this year!



All the girls - don't we look so sweet here? ;)



Yay! Jumping shots are super fun!



And this is where the insanity began...basically somebody decided to turn on the continuous shot mode again and we did some major photowhoring in front of the pretty wall at the backstage area. Both the other salseroes who walked by and regular visitors/customers of the chalet were highly amused, or thought we were full of nonsense - of which, the latter is really difficult to disagree with I must say.













The sister keeps calling us all "crazy dolls" because of our over-the-top makeup, out-of-the-box hairstyles, super ridiculous eyelashes and because I guess we sort of seemed like we were running on too much adrenaline and sugar on our performance night of the festival. :P

Can you see the mini-pearls at the end of my lashes?! (Yay to Crystal for buying me the pretty lashes from NYC!)







Some photos of us on stage...







SISF this year was, on the overall, boring though. The most fun and hyped up part was probably pre and post performance for us. That aside, the dancing was so-so because the line-up was rather dismal this year. Compared to last year's Hacha y Machete, Emily and Junior, etc - this year saw many repeats in the international instructors that were brought in. Not that they are bad (well not all anyway) but it gets pretty boring because it means that there aren't many dances to look forward to or new people to get all excited about.

Hopefully, next year's will be much better.

The thing that I loved the most about this year is my crazy team, I swear. I am so relieved and glad that our performance went well, despite all uncertainties and worries that we were harboring. We started training so last-minute it was ridiculous - plus all our team boys were overseas so we only had our very first full team practice with everybody present on a Thursday night when the performance was on Saturday night. Everybody was terrific on stage that night, with super energy levels and the we-can-do-this! sort of attitude - I am so proud of my team and I am so proud of being from ADS. :) :) :) YAY AND BRAVO TO EVERYONE! <3!



You can sneak a peek at my facebook album for more crazy pictures to entertain yourself with! :P

Labels: