girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, November 25, 2008
i'm an opera girl 10:02 pm

Ok, first an apology for the lack of updates!

Seriously, you know you're an out of sight, out of mind person when that happens to even your own blog. My blog used to be set as home page in the past when I was still using Internet Explorer, and later on, Mozilla Firefox and so I'd always be reminded of my own blog's existence and be guilted into updating once in awhile. However, I've noticed that ever since I'd switched over to Opera, I've kind of...forgotten, largely because of it's new tab + speed dial function, because it means I never get to see my home page (which come to think of it, is still my blog). Um. Terrible, isn't it?

By the way, or those of you who're still on the IE browser, it's time to change! Firefox is all well and good but I think it tends to slow down your system once your computer memory gets clunkier and all because it's such a memory eater. Time to give Opera a try if you haven't! It is actually pretty much similar to Firefox - but better! - so switching is easy (or at least, it was easy for me). I was referred to this browser by one of my computer-geek-friends-type (probably Kristjan, actually) and so I took his word that it was good and, well it is. It's super user-friendly and convenient - I particularly love the speed dial function! You can also zhng (read: modify, upgrade) your browser so that it either looks uber pretty or uber cool. For example:



Yes, that is my speed dial page. You basically click on the little "+" sign at the top next to the tabs, and that automatically opens a window with your speed dial on it. Also, the pre-installed search shortcuts really rock. To google something, you just type in "g something" into the bar you ordinarily type your urls in, and to wikipedia something, it's "w something" and so on. I'm actually not sure how many search engine shortcuts were installed into Opera but yeah well, who needs anything else besides Google and Wikipedia anyway? :P

As if as that's not enough to win me over (it caters to my laziness + vanity you see), Opera automatically remembers all the tabs of the last window you close too, so that the next time you start it up, it'll ask you whether you'd like to: i) continue from where you'd left off the last time you were browsing, ii) start a new window altogether, iii) and iv) which are two other options I forget because I never use them.

The only downside to it is it's not compatible to certain sites. Boo. So I can't access SMUVista (my school's e-learning platform) and etc, and end up having to reply on dear ole IE once again. But that does not deter me - because I still do think that the pros outweigh the disadvantages.

What can I say - I'm just an Opera girl.

And, no, I'm not being paid to advertise (I wish), so stop looking at me with that suspicious gaze already. I'm just being a fan girl. And, um, trying to be helpful, of course.

Anyhow, on a totally irrelevant note, look what I chanced upon - an old BT Campus Life article written by yours truly! About...NTU. Hurhur. That was probably the only time I ever got to visit the campus (because SPH sponsored my cabride to and fro) and it really is....very, very far. And away from civilization.

Ok, back to writing my I/O Psych essay. Wish me luck. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE EXAMS TO END.

Labels: