girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, May 05, 2009
au revoir, SMU 1:00 pm

I may be properly done with school now, but it still feels like...I'm on summer break instead, actually. It rocks being able to sleep/wake up whenever I feel like it, fix appointments whenever I want to, not having assignments/projects/papers to worry about and all. My days have boiled down into almost a semi-routine for now, which is comforting in its own way but I can foresee it getting boring sooner or later. On a whole, life can come across as rather meaningless and directionless as it is I suppose, but I'm not complaining. Well, not yet anyway.

Anyhow, results for all the modules this semester are out, and I must say I have done exceedingly well. Surprisingly so! Maybe it's just my subconscious trying to end school with a bang - and oh did it succeed or what?

Out of a sheer lack of anything else to do, I'll post some picture of my last week of school (classes, actually) in SMU. After all, all memories deserve their places in our lives and in our minds regardless of whether they're bad or good.

My last Developmental Psychology class - with my group members and Hwa-Jin! Qinlei and Liz were awesome to work with though we're all so last minute it borders on being ridiculous - but hey, looking at how we did on the overall, I'm guessing we must have submitted quite a kickass project! :P



Then there's my Strategy group - Crystal, Mark and Shan were also super to work with. Given that the module was so heavy, we saw so much of each other towards the end of the term to work on Globus or the project or random case assignments it was quite terrible and really surprising that we haven't grown sick of each other yet! I swear we were meeting at least thrice a week at one point in time just to work on Strat. And there's Adel, one of the most engaging and interesting professors I've encountered in SMU though he gives out insane workloads - while he's indeed extremely anal when it comes to certain things (like ahem, punctuality) and all, I guess he did manage to beat some good sense and discipline into us.



And Jolene! Who was in my class for 3 out of the 4 modules I was taking in the last term.



Damn, we both forgot to get a picture with our Social Cognition prof - Jennifer Tong. I really like her because she's so nice and also because I've got fond memories of Social Psychology classes under her from eons ago! I must admit though that Social Cog was extremely confusing for most parts but anyway it turned out to be the module I did the best in. Funny how things turn out sometimes.

Anyway, then there's French class! Our last lesson was all just presentations galore - my group decided to cook some French food for the class and I must say oh boy they loved it. Yes well, that was no thanks to me. In fact I swear the only reason why it was so well-received is because I assured them I had no part in the cooking, haha. It's the most relaxed and fun presentation ever, totally stress-free and just full of hilarity and crack-ups. Thanks loads to Serene for organizing most of it and doing all the cooking and transportation and whatnot (and also to Eric for being so supportive).

Here we are, Jevin, Benjamin, me and Serene. We scored full marks for the presentation ok! :P



And...here we are again with Francois and our presentation props!



All the final year students in the class with Prof - yes, there are a hell lot of us.



Hello Aaron Goh! He decided to take both Spanish and French in the same term and got confused so he started rolling his r's and pronouncing his j's as h's in French, much to the amusement of everyone.





That's all for now, we're really done with school, aren't we?

College, out.

Labels: