girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Tuesday, June 23, 2009
communicasia 2009 3:39 pm

Much apologies for the lack of updates! I've been insanely busy the last few weeks, full of working and dancing my feet off.

CommunicAsia 2009 was held last week at the Expo and I was working from Tuesday to Friday for Blue Coat Systems! In case you haven't heard of them (like me prior to this job), they deal with internet security and acceleration on a corporate level, so their clients are mainly the big firms of the Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch level (in the past). I can't remember their current clients for the life of me but these two names stuck in my head because it immediately inspired an OH NO in response when I was talking to some of the staff. I'm sure you can guess why, huh.

The uniform was uber cute! A short little police girl outfit - really short, actually, that we had to wear boyshorts around underneath for all four days in case we flashed the public our asses.



My police patrol partner for the event was Crystal!



And next to us were the Yahoo girls who kept us endlessly entertained...Sarah and Beatrice. They were giving free slushees out for all 4 days so the crowd traffic was pretty good (you know how it is when there are freebies in Singapore!) - we obviously benefitted from the crowd flow too. :P



I also met Amy walking around distributing flyers in her sexy cheongsam - it's quite funny because we'd only met each other on Monday while working for the Sound Series Project at The Arena. She's really young, only 18 but I couldn't tell because she carries herself so well and in such a mature fashion - which I found extremely surprising but good too because it meant we hit it off really fast and well right from the start. :)



All Crystal and I had to do was walk around distributing flyers and carrying the signs to attract people over to the Blue Coat booth. It meant that we had a lot of opportunities to run around and check out the entire trade show, and also of course, being the busybodies we were, we just had to go look-see to find out who was working for the event and at which booth too!

The LG booth was the nicest of the lot. Many girls at their booths, but I don't know most of them save for like one or two, and their booth was always so crowded that I didn't want to go in and interrupt the girls just to take photos, in case they ended up getting scolded. LG imported their dancers straight from South Korea too to put up shows throughout the day.



I was originally supposed to work for LG for CommunicAsia 2009, but ah well long and unpleasant story that had a good ending I guess since Blue Coat paid better. The welfare was also super good - all the staff were damn nice and let us relax and take breaks from time to time when our feet were tired, and they even fed us donuts and eggtarts and whatnot.

On the flipside of the whole welfare issue, there were the poor, slave-driven Samsung girls...who also were unfortunate enough to have reflective floors in the booth that nobody informed them out, so they had to discover the perils of the job on the first day when perverts were taking upskirt shots of them on the reflective floor. Disgusting behavior, no? On the bright side, they had very pretty uniforms. :)









There were NUMEROUS familiar faces at Samsung...but I only managed to catch Stella, Sam, Shn and Amelia for photos. I was so glad to see Sam there! We had a super fun but bitchy lunch together on Friday.

Anyhow, enough blogging about CommunicAsia 2009 for now - I'm just glad the 4 days of standing in killer heels are over, though I must say I was quite sad saying goodbye to the Blue Coat people on the last day. They're really a nice bunch, one of the best client companies I've worked for to date.











Yay and thanks to everyone who kept me alive in the 4 days of work! :)

Labels: