girl

dalena | 25 | counting fancies
fmps/rgps/nygh/rjc/smu (biz)
a dancer with mosaic
working at the learning lab
4th feb 1986
dalena@gmail.com
clearing out her wardrobe


wordplay

adeline
amanda
amelia
beatrice
boons
chiew
colin
cordelia
daphne
eileen
eric & serene
felicia
gillian
haihan
jamie
jayne
jianfu
jill
joanne claire
marc
mark
miche
qiqi
sam
sheila
shuwen
sze
weiming
winnie heng
winnie png
yaxin
yvonne

destinations

desktop tower defence
dollmaker
gssq
go fug yourself
hollyjean
kenny sia
mr brown
oh no they didn't
orisinal
photohunt
pink is the new blog
postsecret
the butterfly tales
the superficial
tomorrow.sg
xiaxue

history



tagboard

credits

layout: detonatedlove♥
pictures: ohhspontaneityy
stocks: _excentric_
hits:


Monday, July 20, 2009
beginnings and endings 9:48 am

For those who didn't already know, I started work last Wednesday as a trade consultant at a SME called BarterXchange. It's been a pretty uneventful first few days of work thus far, basically just coming into office for training and to learn the ropes, especially because my direct boss is on medical leave for a week (flu & high fever so everyone's paranoid). I actually think there's a bug of some sort passing around the office because now my whole section is sick and on MC except for me!

It's been quite a surprise to everyone and even to myself that I've suddenly just jumped into the workforce without any warning, since after all I probably am one of the most relaxed about job-hunting. In fact, I was quite prepared to take my time and slack off all the way to the end of the year before looking seriously for employment. In a way, I still can't quite believe that I've already started work and this is something that I'm going to be doing for a long, long time - if not, for the rest of my life. Of course, I don't quite necessarily mean this job per se. I meant...working.

We had a LKCSP pioneer batch gathering at Professor Pang's house on Saturday, which brought back (too) many memories about the last one we had there back in year 1. Oh, how things have changed...we were such babies then, all caught up with the excitement of university life and what it had in store for us, but look at us now. All of us have come a long way since, but the road ahead still remains long, stretching so far into the future with its convoluted twists and turns.

Who knows what another ten years will yield?

Labels: